eight

| taehyung's point of view

"Hi. Excuse me, do you happen to know where this is?" I showed the guy the destination I'm supposed to go written on the printed timetable.

"Sorry dude. I'm in the Math Department. I have no idea where the Computer Science Department is." He said and turned back to his group.

I thanked him anyway and turned to my right where I met her eyes that are already on me. She was standing from a distance, among the crowd. We stared at each other for a moment before I started to walk towards her. I halted before her and saw her face up close again. She didn't have a lot of make up on not like the way she had that night; her cheeks are slightly pink almost as if they were bare and her lips had no trace of red. I spent so many nights angry at her but why can't I bring out that hatred now?

"Why are you here?" She started, her cold stare boring into me.

I showed her the paper on my hand, "I'm going to start teaching here so that's Professor Kim to you. Or you can also call me, Mr. Kim."

"Well, congrats, professor. I hope you do well." She said and then walked past me, easily moving through the crowd.

"Wait, Irina." I took a step forward but too late, she was already far away, deep into the crowd of students. I released a deep sigh. "Why did I say that? Dumbass. You ruined it again."

I visited the faculty room of the Department I'll be teaching in temporarily and introduced myself to everyone. They seem friendly and very helpful. The printed sheet of paper that had my schedule was laid over my lap as I stared at it. After lunch, I'll be teaching my first class. How hard can it be? Soon, the rest of the faculty returned to the room and I excused myself to get to my first class. Goodluck, they told me. I returned their kindness with a smile. I'm going to need that luck.

I entered the classroom and the noise simmered down at once, all these new faces are staring back at me. Be cool, Taehyung. Just don't fuck it up for Christ's sake. I was having a mental pep talk with myself as I get my things ready. I took out the list of students names in my class, skimming over it and then I saw something that made my eyebrows jump. Her name is clearly written in my class sheet. I lifted my head and looked around the room, catching her beautiful pair of eyes again looking at me.

I smiled to myself and then cleared my throat. "Good afternoon class. I'm your new Digital Arts and Photography Professor. I'm substituting for your previous Professor, which name I do not know. It's not important anyway." I began, earning a few laughs from the class as I turned my back to the class and write my whole name on the whiteboard.

"My name is Kim Taehyung. This is what's important." I said and then turned to the class again, looking at her direction before quickly scanning the classroom. "And you can all skip the formalities. You can just call me Taehyung. Let's be casual, shall we? I was a student not too long ago so I know. Nobody likes a boring professor, am I right?

"Or should I say, accurate?" I added, catching some grins in the audience of students.

"Can I just say that you look dope in that leather jacket." Said one guy after he raised his hand.

"Yes, thank you, Mr., uh.." I sought his name out on the seat plan and then pointed to him, "Mr. Jack!"

"Also, I would like to announce that the use of cellphones are not.." The minute I said the word 'not' everyone started to groan and whine. "Let me finish, class." I put my hand up as I place my leg over the edge of the table, "Use of cellphones are not going to be banned as long as you pay attention during my class."