epilogue

Taehyung stood in the middle of the crowd, staring at his own framed masterpiece along with a few more people beside him. Everyone who came up to him congratulated him for another successful exhibit. They couldn't get enough of his mystery girl. The same girl he loves and the same woman he comes home to every night. Her photograph in black and white emphasized her striking features; eyes that are so beautifully sad, her thick lashes, the few pin point freckles scattered on her cheeks. The same wonderful features he has spent every morning looking at and still he can't get enough of her.

Seeing her from this perspective, Taehyung can't help but feel afraid. Scared that she'll leave again. She's so broken that he doesn't know how he could fix her. He is afraid that she'll be like before. She will stop telling him the things on her mind until she stops talking to him again and eventually just leave him. He was scared of that happening. He didn't realize that he's been staring at her picture for too long until someone joined him. He stood right next to Taehyung, poised and mannered, two glasses of champagne in hand. He offered Taehyung the other glass. Taehyung fixed his gaze to the man and instantly recognized the familiar face.

Taemin gave him a smile as he encouraged Taehyung to take the drink

Taemin gave him a smile as he encouraged Taehyung to take the drink. When he did, they fell into a short silence as they stared at the photograph of the woman they both love. Taemin spoke up first, "How is she?"

"She's doing fine. Are you seriously concerned or you just want to call her in for a booty call?" Taehyung made the hostile tone in his voice clear. He gave Taemin a cocky smirk, "Well, sorry to break it to you. She quit that life a long time ago."

"I know." Taemin calmly replied, understanding Taehyung's reason for being upset but he doesn't fully understand.

Taehyung sent him a carefree smile as he pat his back, "I'm joking."

"But I want you to know that my relationship with Irina was never that girl for me. I never treated her like that." Taemin put one of his hands inside his trouser's pocket while staring at her photograph. "She has always had those sad eyes. The first time I met her, I couldn't help but fall for those eyes.."

"I know the feeling." Taehyung added in a solemn voice.

"I have genuine feelings for her." Taemin spoke  from the heart.

"You had. That's the correct tense." Taehyung corrected, earning an amused smile from Taemin because he obviously doesn't want him anywhere near Irina.

"Yes, had. I'm married now Taehyung." Taemin said as he showed his left hand where he wore his wedding ring around his ring finger. "And I know you and Irina are too. She told me. So there's really no need for you to compete with me. You clearly won."