eighteen

| taehyung's point of view

I did not see Irina in class today. I was hoping to see her today since it's going to be my last class tomorrow. We need to talk. I can't go on like this with her, in this kind of relationship. I don't even know what we are. She would kiss me then say she doesn't want to be with me. I am so fucking confused and I need to get laid soon.

After the class, I was told by the other professors in the faculty room that the dean of the department is summoning me to his office. I didn't think it was a big deal, probably just to say farewell in advance. I walked to his office, knocking on the door before coming in, the assistant lifter her head at me.

"Yeah, you can go in." She said as she looked at me like she was staring into my soul or something.

"This is unfair. How can you do this to me?"

I knew it wasn't a farewell greeting when I heard Irina's voice inside his office too. She was quite angry based on her tone. Both the Dean and her glanced at me when I opened the door. I looked at Irina, whose lips were in a tight line, she sighed and took her seat again. I was told to take the other chair beside her.

"What is this about?" I asked, clueless.

"Mr. Taehyung, is it true that you and Miss Irina here are in a relationship with each other?" The Dean asked bluntly, "This picture is delivered to my office this morning. It showed that you have been in and out of Miss Irina's apartment more than twice these past few weeks."

"Oh. I know what is happening here." I was tempted to laugh but the situation didn't allow me to. Irina refused to face me when I looked at her.

"Mr. Taehyung, you know that a relationship between a student and a teacher is absolutely out of the question." The Dean added, "Why are you coming out of her apartment in this picture?"

"We're not in any kind of relationship." I replied firmly. "Didn't it occur to you that that picture could be tampered? You know how technology is nowadays. Anyone can easily manipulate a photo."

The Dean stared into my eyes and I did not move my gaze away to prove my point. After a few seconds he nodded his head in defeat and rested his back onto his chair again, "I will get to the bottom of this but in the mean time, Miss Irina is suspended from all her classes for a week."

Irina stood up and glared at the man, "I will report you. You can't do this to me. I pay to get my education. You have no power-"

"Yes I have authority." His voice boomed but had no effect on the girl as she continued to give him glares. She picked up her things and stormed out without a word.

"You can't suspend her." I told him, almost pleading. "Don't suspend her just because of a groundless rumor."

"You were caught leaving her home. It's already a malicious scene. I cannot have this rumor roaming around freely. I am entitled to take disciplinary measures." He gave his word and I had no other words left to say. "Oh and today was your last class too. Thank you for being with us in this short period. I will have another professor fill in for you tomorrow and announce that you left in advance due to personal matters."

I left the Dean's office and headed out to the hallway where all the students are on their way to their next classes. Irina was cleaning out her locker while I stood there, contemplating if I should talk to her or not. Would trying to talk to her make things worst or clear things up? I was wrong to think that my little trips to her apartment wouldn't get found out since college students are busy enough as it is with their research papers, workloads, part time jobs or whatever shit they do. It never occurred to me that this would afflict so much damage to her.