My Lady

EUCLIFFE ESTATE

“Where were you?”

Rogue asked worriedly at the blond who just got home, drunk. It was already 11 o’clock in the evening.

“I’m fine…stop-…stop worrying about…me,” Sting answered as he struggled to climb up the long staircase with his eyes half closed already.

Very drunk.

He missed a step and was about to trip down, but Rogue immediately caught him. He swung the blonde’s arm over his shoulder as he helped him up to his room.

“You reek of alcohol,” Rogue complained, “I’m going to ground you like a kid in the morning.”

Sting was murmuring things as he assisted him up the stairs. The words that came out of his mouth were those he probably wouldn’t wish for Rogue to hear if he was sober. But he wasn’t.

“Lu…cy. I…want you…”

Rogue could only sigh as he listened to his brother.

“Be…with…with me.”

He kept murmuring stuff about her even until they reached his bedroom.

“I could treat you…better…Lu…cy”

Rogue stared down at him with sad eyes as Sting laid on the bed.

“Why…Why Natsu…of all people…” he murmured for the last time before he went to deep slumber.

“Brother,” Rogue slightly shook his head, “I don’t want to see you this way. Why can’t you just listen to me? You were never like this before.”

He sat down on the bed still looking at the blond sound asleep.

“You’re finally inlove for real, huh,” a sad smile rested on his lips, “Too bad it had to be Natsu’s woman.”

Rogue reached for his phone in his pocket. He searched for a number and dialed it.

“Hello?”

“Yes, what is it?”

“I’m sorry to bother you at this hour, Natsu.”

“Not a problem. Is something up?”

He looked at his brother’s face as he conversed on the phone.

“It’s just that Sting came home drunk tonight. I was just wondering if…if he did something stupid at the compound.”

Natsu on the other line could sense his concern on his brother. He had an idea that Rogue already knew about Sting’s feelings towards Lucy.

“He didn’t cause any trouble, did he?”

“No. Not at all. He was never here”

Natsu lied. He wasn’t so heartless. Well, let’s just say he has his moments.

“I see. Thank you for sparing your time, Natsu.”

“Don’t worry about it. Bye.”

The call ended.

Rogue let out a deep breath that he’d been holding in. His worries temporarily left him.

OLD APARTMENT

Michaelis stared at the woman who had been looking at the half moon through the window. She had been sitting there for hours.

Ever since he was assigned to be her personal butler and driver, he found that he had developed feelings for her. But he never confessed it, her husband would have had him killed.

“Is everything alright, My Lady?”

“Nothing’s ever been alright since he died. You don’t have to call me with such formality.”

The woman didn’t spare time to take a look at him.

“I understand…Tsurara.”

“The only one who called me that…was him.”

The man looked down on the floor, as if he did a terrible mistake.

“Should I call you differently then, My Lady?”

“No. it doesn’t matter anymore,” she answered.

My heart is cold as ice. A cold hollow glass of emptiness without you. Now…I feel nothing.’ A thought that she told herself.

Now Tsurara turned her head to face the only loyal man left who was there to serve her.

“I’m going somewhere tomorrow. Feel free to do as you please.”

Michaelis bowed his head in comprehension. He knew where she was going. She’d go to that one store every once in a while. He understood why Tsurara often visited the ‘Baby corner’.