Announcement

Cars were parked at the wide lawn of the Villa. It was located near a lake surrounded by grass, giving off an atmosphere like that of a lakehouse. An expensive one.

Inside the huge structure, everyone gathered in the capacious living room.

Some were sitting on the maroon-colored couches and some were on their feet.

Low murmurs could be heard across the room as everyone conversed with one another, each with a glass of champagne on their hand.

“What do you think is this all about?” Sting turned his head to his brother who stood beside him.

“We’ll know soon enough.” Rogue answered.

On one of the couches, Jellal and Lyon were sitting casually.

“I have a feeling I already know what we’re gathered here for,” Sherry said as she sat beside Lyon and took a sip of her drink.

“I think I have an idea as well,” Jellal agreed.

Then a sound of light palms were being clapped together.

“I ask for everyone’s attention please,” Mirajane stated with that smile she always had.

After getting their full attention, she gracefully stepped aside to let the Don and Lady take the place in front.

They both stood in front of them, on a more elevated part of the floor.

“Some of you may already know why we’re here, and some may not,” Lucy said with a smile, “Either way, we are about to tell you.”

She turned to Natsu who was looking at her the whole time.

Then he turned to the Family before them.

“My Family who pledged their loyalty to me,” he started with composure as he raised his glass of wine, “I now ask you to offer the same loyalty to my heir, the future of this household.”

Everyone went silent as they processed what he meant.

There was going to be a new master, soon.  

The announcement has been made.

When they understood, they raised their glasses like he did. Those who were seated stood up on their feet.

“To the heir!” they all exclaimed together.

Then there was loud cheering and multiple congratulations that illuminated every corner of the room.

The higher ranks of the Family shook hands with Natsu, and the women exchanged their hugs and kisses with Lucy.

Everyone cheered.

Except for one unfortunate soul who just stood there, staring at the blond woman who was happily celebrating her pregnancy with everyone else.

That very moment, Sting’s world reached both doomsday and Armageddon. His eyes were still wide.

Rogue started to walk to the Don, but stopped when he saw the look on his brother’s face. The blond was hurt. Hurt a hundredfold.

“Hey…are you okay?” Rogue knew he wasn’t, but there was nothing else he could say.

Sting was taken aback when he heard Rogue speak. He turned to face him, still with disbelieving eyes.

“I…I…” he stammered, “I need to go outside.”

Just like that, he put his wineglass on one of the tables and hurriedly went out the door.

His older brother didn’t try to stop him. He let him be.

“Don’t worry about him, he’ll be fine,” someone spoke up.

Rogue turned to Lyon and Jellal who came to him.

“Lyon, did you know too?” he asked. The worried look on his face never left.

“Not really. But I considered the possibility that he would eventually come to love her,” the silver-haired answered.

Rogue sighed deeply.

“I told him to stop. But I guess I was too late.”

.

.

The evening went on with no worries. Everyone was inside, rejoicing.

Some even got drunk. Cana was the first.

But Lucy felt like something was not right. She turned to Natsu who sat beside her on the red couch.

“Baby…”

“What is it?” he faced her.

“I sense something bad is going to happen.” She was unease, he could feel it.

“I assure you, there won’t be. Only the members of the Family know the location of the Villa,” he said calmly, “Nobody else.”

But what he didn’t know, what the others didn’t know, was that someone else had the knowledge of their very location. Someone who used to be a part of the family, already outside waiting for the right moment to attack.