Cooler Than Me III

A/N: This song is called "The World's Greatest" by R. Kelly

I have no idea why I even bothered to wait up for Mark. We've just spoken on a real level for the first time in what feels like forever...and I'm not too sure if I trust him again. He has a lot of making up to do...and a lot of explaining to do, too. The clock struck 10 and he still wasn't here. He was supposed to be here a half an hour ago. Anxiety bubbled up in me, I was afraid that he had abandoned me...just made a fool of me. What for? Who knows? People don't always need some motivation to be assholes. I thought about texting him, but...I couldn't bring myself to do so. A loud thumping on the door grabbed my attention, and I answered it. It was Mark looking a bit less than sober. I held in a giggle. "Did you have fun?" I asked. "Fuck my brother, he took me out and...I think I'm dying." I laughed. "You're not dying, you're wasted. Was this what you wanted me to see?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip. "No." he replied. "I was going to take you out somewhere and have some fun...I told him that, but..." he threw his hands up. "Get in here." I said. "So you're back to the occasional drink?" I asked. "Nope. I...one thing led to another, cut me some slack." We sat on the couch. "If I was in any condition to drive, we'd still go do something. I'm sorry." he said softly. "Don't be. I'm just glad you came over. I thought you ditched me." he frowned. "I'm sorry I was late. I had to grab a cab...it was a mess." I sighed and forgave him. "So...what do you want to do?" I asked, noting that he was definitely drunk, but not too drunk to function. "Wanna play video games?" he asked. "Ugh. You and your games." I laughed. "Sure, let's play something." I'll admit that I don't keep many games on hand. The only reason I even started playing off and on is because Mark got me into them. He browsed through my collection shaking his head. "What a lame selection." he teased. "Hey now, I'll have you know that I love all of those games. I don't care if they're old." He selected my copy of GTA V. "Wanna take turns wrecking shit?" he asked. "Why not? You have quite the track record of wrecking things anyway. Namely our friendship." He scowled at me. "That was fucking cold." he said. "As ice." I replied, inserting the disc. "You go first." I watched him play, mesmerized by the whole ordeal. When he finally wound up dead, I took over. "This I gotta see." he said, mockingly. "Oh it's gonna be awesome." I replied. I began my turn and wound up accomplishing more than he did during his. "You've gotten good over the years." he said. "What can I say, I had a good teacher." I looked at him, and offered him the controller. "No thanks. There's something else on my mind." I continued looking at him, questioning him with my eyes. "What might that be?" I asked, turning to face him. "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" he asked. I pondered the question for awhile before slowly cupping his face and giving him a deep kiss, tasting the alcohol on his breath. I broke the kiss and shied away, unsure of what had just happened or why. "Don't turn away." he said. "I'm sorry, that was just weird. I mean...we haven't seen each other in years...we just had a pretty intense discussion..." "I know. I want to show you just how dedicated I am to us maintaining our friendship." "By kissing me?" I asked, puzzled. "That's part of it. Was I ever the kind to go aroud kissing people and shit?" I thought about it and shook my head. "Exactly. I only do that sort of thing with people I have strong feelings for." I knew he wasn't lying. I felt a warm rush surge through my body. "(Y/N), I am so, so sorry." He said, pressing our heads together. He kissed me again, this time deeper and more passionately. Our tongues swirled together until he broke the kiss for air. "I want to do more." he choked out, turning a bit red. I looked at him for awhile. "Do you?" he asked. "If not...I mean we can still be friends..." "I'm not your cheap fuck." I said. "I wouldn't use you as one." he replied. "I just really, really want you...I've really missed you. Don't think that you never crossed my mind (y/n)." I let him pick me up and carry me. I took in his scent and felt secure in his strong, warm arms. He laid me down on my bed and attacked my neck with bites and sloppy kisses. I moaned lightly, paralyzed by pleasure. He wasted no time lining himself up and thrusting in. I winced a bit. "I-I'm sorry..." he said, backing off. "Got a bit ahead of myself." We locked lips momentarily, and I'd give anything to keep the feeling I was experiencing. I ground my body against his harshly, begging him not to stop. "I wouldn't stop for anything." he breathed, spilling the scent of alcohol into my nose. My body ached as he pressed on, not slowing up for anything. My breathing became labored as I neared my peak. "Are you close?" he breathed. "Y-yes." I stammered. "Oh god, (y/n), me too." He forced himself out and I stiffened at the feeling. "Sorry." he grunted, hastily finishing himself off, cursing my name now and again. He heaved himself next to me. "I promise, tomorrow will be a better day." he said, catching his breath. I felt a bit distant and unsure. Like I said, he still had some making up to do. "Promise me we'll always be friends." I said. "Promise me." He looked at me, and through the drunken haze I could tell he was being genuine again. "I promise (y/n)." he said softly, bringing me into a hug.