Mind Games IV

A/N: the song is Walk Away by Paula Deanda

"Don't go, let's talk. Please." I ignored Mark, who was now following me down the street. "What is there to talk about? You lied to me." "(Y/N), look...I know you think that, and you have every right and reason to...but please, let me talk to you. I have to tell you something." "Tell me something?" I asked, turning around. "You don't have to say anything. I saw what I needed to see." He looked hurt, then irritated. "I always listened to you no matter what you told me. Always. I never turned down an opportunity to listen to you. You can't do that for me?" "I never said I wanted to be with you only to suck faces with someone else a day later." He sighed, defeated. "Alright. Fine, you're walking off, but I'm telling the truth. Yes, she's my girlfriend. She's been my girlfriend for a few months now. We've been in a long distance relationship." Well fucking duh. "I brought her here to break up with her. She doesn't mean to me what you do." "Oh please, Mark. You are so full of shit. You're only saying that shit because I caught you red handed holding hands with and kissing someone else." "I swear, I'm not, but I understand why you think that." I scowled at him deeply. "I can't believe what a dog you are. You spent too much time around Dark." "That's not true, but whatever. I said what I said to you because I meant it. If you don't believe me, walk away. I had no idea you'd be here (y/n). I thought I could pick her up, dump her, and then be ready for you whenever you could make it out here." "No, you thought you could pick her up, fuck her, have me come out, fuck me, and then date me and keep her on the side. You're a prick." He scowled. "Fine. Don't believe me." he replied. "Some friend you were." I stared at him as he walked back up the driveway. Oh hell no, nobody does me that way. I vowed I'd return to fuck some shit up for him before I went home.

I charged an ungodly amount of toilet paper and spray paint to my credit card. The cashier gave me a funny look as she studied my ID, so I mean mugged her and she sunk down a bit. If Mark wants to play mind games, I'll play vandalism games. I made the trip back to his house and started unraveling toilet paper in the trees and bushes. I heard some commotion and looked up. Mark was staring back at me. "Really (y/n)?" he asked. "Are you fucking serious?" I tossed a roll at him and broke into the spray paint. "DON'T. I don't want to have to call the cops...I don't want my new neighbors to hate me." he said, holding a hand up. I contemplated my next move. He sighed. "Alright, I pissed you off. I'm sorry, but seriously, do NOT do this." I dropped the paint can, defeated. "I'm going home now. For real this time." I turned and started walking away. I had almost reached the end of the driveway when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back at Mark. He looked sincere, more sincere than I'd ever seen him look before. "I am really sorry about what you saw earlier. Come inside before you go?" I debated, and decided to humor him. We sat on boxes and talked for awhile. "I can't believe you were gonna vandalize my shit." he laughed. "I can't believe you lied to me." He frowned. "(Y/N), come on." he said. "I explained myself. I fucked up. I had no idea you felt like you did. The whole way out here I was thinking of ways to break up with her...I want you more." the way he said that made me feel something deep inside. I leaned forward and our lips met. He sure kissed me like he wanted me...but my trust in him was damaged. I broke the kiss. "So...think you could monopolize some of this space?" he asked. "Maybe someday." I replied. "Come on (y/n). Go home and pack up. I can't risk any more distance between us after what happened." I was unsure. "Please." he said. "You can spend the night here and I'll take you back in the morning, I'll drive if I have to." I shook my head. "I'll take care of it myself." "So...you'll do it?" he asked. "Yeah." I replied. "Only if you promise to have your whores cleaned up by the time I get back." He scowled. "Kidding." I said. "I'll be back as soon as I can." I leaned in for another kiss, and he took me by surprise by wriggling his tongue into my mouth. We stayed like that for a few moments. "That feels so right." he said, breaking the kiss. I agreed silently. "Let's just keep things up front and agree not to fight over dumb shit, okay?" I said, flicking his face. He winced. "Sounds like a good deal." he replied, socking my shoulder almost hard enough to knock me off of the box I was sitting on. He looked concerned. "I'm sor-" I pushed him on his back. "I know." I replied. He dusted himself off and stuck his tongue out at me. "I'm going to bed. If you care to join me, come on." He gave me a playful look before chasing after me.