Issues III

A/N: The song is Back and Forth by Cameo

Also, this book is over. Debating on whether to make another or not.

I waited anxiously for Mark's arrival. Just as I was beginning to think he wasn't coming, he all but burst through the door and went straight for Dark who laughed the whole thing off. "What's wrong, Mark? Upset because the player hurts women less than you?" "I should kill you." he said, putting a finger in his chest. "No touchy." he said, removing his finger from his chest with ease. "Where is (y/n)? What did you do to her?" "Look, she was all heartbroken over you, so I let her come play with me for awhile." Mark looked sick. His anger faded. "Where is she?" he asked, softly. "Hiding." Dark replied. "From me?" "From herself." Mark brushed right by Dark and called for me. "I'm here." I answered. He stared at me for awhile before enveloping me in a tight hug. "Did he hurt you?" he asked. "No." I replied. "You did." his embrace weakened. "I know...and I'm so sorry." I stayed silent. "I...I don't even know. I guess it's time to be honest with my lady and tell her why we're together." he muttered. I sighed. "Don't do that, you're making me sadder than I already am. I love you, (y/n), and I'm sorry I didn't handle things like a man. I should've just asked...I should've done a lot differently." He looked me in the eyes. "Could you ever forgive me?" he asked, sincerely. "In time." I replied. His expression deepened a bit as how much he really had hurt me came full circle in his mind. "I'm glad." he replied, kissing me on the cheek. We sat together on the couch. He traced his hand on my thigh and I shivered. "Am I cold?" he asked, withdrawing his hand. "No..." I replied, putting it back. He blushed a bit and continued to tease my leg. "Get a room." Dark hissed. "Jealous because the good guy gets the girl?" "The contacts list in my phone gets a new girl every day. You were saying?" Mark just chuckled. "Come on (y/n), let's get out of here." We stood and before we left, I turned to Dark and mouthed 'thank you'. He responded with a wink and disappeared into a thick heart shaped cloud of black smoke. Mark turned around to see what I was looking at. "He's trying to impress you. Don't fall for it." I chuckled to myself. If only he knew what it really meant.

We went back to Mark's where he asked me to sit out by the pool while he had a word with his soon to be ex girlfriend. I nervously waited by the pool hoping against all hopes that she wouldn't come out afer me. After all she had seen me get out of Mark's car. She know's I'm around. Dark appeared under the surface of the water. "I sensed some issues with Mark. What's happening?" he asked. "He's breaking up with her." I whispered. Dark rolled his eyes. "That's what the commotion is all about? Seriously? I was in the middle of something." "What?" I asked. "Legs." he replied. "He'd better hurry up." I listened to the shouting and grew more uncomfortable. "You don't think she'll turn violent, do you?" "I don't have a crystal ball, I don't know. Maybe. She sounds pissed." I heard glass breaking and a few muffled threats. "I'm going in there." I said, standing up. "I wouldn't but, I mean it's your funeral." He had a point. I hesitated before just walking in and facing the music. She was steamed and storming away until she saw me. "I told you not to come in." Mark said, sounding irritated. "I heard something break, I was worried about you." his now ex girlfriend glared at me hard. Clearly, she was placing the blame for their breakup squarely on my shoulders. Before she could say anything she froze solid. I turned around to see Dark standing behind me. "I'll be taking her for personal reasons." he said, disappearing with her frozen body. I didn't want to know. Mark sighed, and started to pick up some kind of vase that had fallen in the meele. "I-I'm sorry." I said, kneeling down to help. "It's not your fault...she broke it.." I cleaned up the glass and gave Mark a hug. "When do you leave?" he asked. "I really should be getting back tomorrow." I replied, sadly. Mark frowned. "I don't want you to go." "I don't want to, baby, but I have to for now. I'll come back soon. I promise...I'll use Dark if I have to." Mark raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if I would use him...he charges certain fees..." I caught his drift. "Maybe in a year or so I'll be able to move here." He perked up. "I'd love that...I'd love that so much." he replied. "Until then, we have got to see each other as often as possible. Start flying, you can afford it...or send me tickets. Fuck scheduling, it doesn't matter. I'll do anything to be with you as much as I can." he agreed. We stared at each other for awhile. "(Y/N), can I do something I've been wanting to do for so long now?" I blushed and nodded. He planted a deep kiss on my lips that seemed to last forever. Our bodies were pressed together tightly and he wouldn't let go of me for anything. I felt his hands running all over my body, feeling every part of it. He moved his hips forward a bit, letting me feel him grow against me. He broke the kiss for some air and looked at me, almost sleepily. "Spend the night with me this time?" he asked. "Of course, but I have a feeling there won't be much sleeping."