Issues I

A/N: The song is Issues by Julia Michaels

You know, sometimes people are not who they appear to be. I started watching Mark's channel a few years ago when he was relatively new...and I fell in love with his personality. When I got the chance to meet him in person, I fell in love with a few more things and we wound up in the steamy backseat of my car. Since then we've kept in touch, but he's never asked me out. We don't live nearby one another, so we rely on Skype, texting, calling, and the occasional rendezvous when he can take time out to come to Idaho to hang out with me. Recently, I've been wanting him to ask me out more and more and he shies away from the opportunity. In fact, it almost seems like our entire relationship is dying...and I don't know why. I perked up at the sound of Skype ringing in. Right on time. "Hey." I said, answering. The video came into focus and I saw Mark's face. "What's up, (y/n)?" he asked. "Nothing much." he replied. I hesitated. "Something wrong?" he asked. "Yeah and no." I replied. "You can tell me anything." he said, twirling around in his chair. A woman entered the room and seated herself next to him. My stomach dropped and I felt a glimmer of jealousy. "Babe, this is (y/n). Remember me telling you about her? She's one of my very best friends." The woman nodded and smiled at me. "Now what's wrong, (y/n)?" Babe? It's official, we aren't happening. I stared straight ahead. "Could you give us a second?" he asked. "Sure, baby." she replied. I watched her walk out of the room. "You look like you've just seen a ghost. What is wrong? I'm worried about you." "It's nothing. I've gotta get going." He protested me leaving, but I ended the call and closed my laptop. I'm not used to feeling this way. What the hell? All those late night chats and all that sex were for nothing. I was just a fling. I can handle that so long as I know it's just 'summer love.' "Don't feel too badly." I turned to see nothingness. "Up here." I looked up. "Too slow. I'm on your left." I looked. "Your other left, (y/n)." I turned and my nose nearly met the abdomen of one of my mutual friends with Mark. "I saw everything." he said, taking a seat. "Did you? Isn't that...normal for someone with your abilities?" "Yes and no." he replied, lighting a cigarette. "Dark, not here. My landlord has a no smoking policy." he opened the window. "Fuck your landlord." he replied. "Now...I know you're upset about what happened, but there's no need for it." "Why's that? I really liked him." "I'm here." he replied, sounding arrogant. "Are you suggesting we date?" I asked. "Fuck no. You obviously don't know much about me. I'm merely suggesting that we can fuck. You know, try to make him jealous." "Jealous? He seems happy." I replied. "Ah, seems. SEEMS. He wanted to be with you, but you're so far away...so he did you dirty. He holds some deep feelings for you (y/n)." "Well, if that's really true, then I don't want to soil them by hopping in bed with you." I said, putting my finger in his chest. I stood up and walked away. He disappeared into black smoke and then reappeared right in front of me. I jumped. "You sure? I am so much fun...and I can do you better than anyone else." The offer was tempting. He's handsome...and sexy, but...he'll never love me like I want to be loved. "I can read your thoughts." he said, casually. I thought of something disgusting and he gagged. "Stay out of my head. There's nothing there for you." I replied. "Now, make yourself useful and take me to LA." he looked at me strangely. "Are you turning me down and giving me orders?" he asked. "Am I stuttering? Take me. I want to see these so called deep feelings...unless you're lying." "Me? Lying? I am a lot of things but a liar isn't one of them." he said, sounding deeply offended. "Then prove it. Take me to see Mark." "I can't just drop you in the living room while his lady is around. These kinds of things take planning (y/n)." "Then plan." I hissed. "Fine. Stay with me and see how he really feels...then I suppose when the time is right, I can help you make a move." "You're a good demon, Dark, you just need to work on your flirting skills." "You beg my pardon?" I just laughed. "Well, they didn't work here." I said. "Here. They work everywhere else. Now grab me and hang on. I hope you don't get teleportation sickness, I fucking love this shirt." "It...looks like all of your others." "Shut up. God, you can be so annoying. You two are perfect for each other, you both work my nerves." Before I could even blink, we were not in small town Idaho anymore. "Wow." I said, walking to the window and looking out at the city. "It's just as amazing as I imagined it'd be." "Don't go all Beverly Hillbillies on me (y/n). Geek out, but show some restraint." I looked at the glimmering buildings and the distant mountains. "Where are we?" "Los Angeles, dummy." "No...where is this place?" "My place. Mi casa es su casa...for now." I admired the glow of the sunset. "Must be nice to live here." "It's a work thing." he replied. "So...are we going to see Mark soon?" I asked. "As soon as the timing is right. If you're hungry, just ask. I don't eat often so there's no food here...and if you're tired, you're always welcome in my bed. As long as you sleep naked and don't mind getting more tired." I elbowed him. "We've met like twice." "Yet you had me bring you home. Spare me the standards bullshit." he disappeared, leaving me to think about what to do about Mark.