1.8

"Alright Murphy, let's stop and breathe for a second." Ashton chuckled, taking his hands off of my waist and slowing bringing his lips away from mine.

We had been at this for the past hour and a half, doing nothing but having short conversations in between making out. It was all just fun, really. There was no big deal in doing this, and it wasn't the first time we had locked ourselves in Ashton's room to have a little fun either. We were just kids, we weren't hurting anyone. I knew that Ashton was a little hesitant about getting into a relationship again, and I wasn't trying to rush him at all. If he wasn't okay with what we were doing he would tell me and I would respect that.

I let out a sigh, my body falling back onto the bed. It was surprisingly tiring, what we were doing. Ashton seemed almost totally unphased by it, and I wondered if he was used to doing this with Kenzie. He hadn't told me much about their relationship, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was something they were into.

"What do you want to talk about now?" I asked, still staring up at the ceiling.

"Well, there's always music." Ashton breathed in and out, slowly crawling across the bed until he was hovering over me.

"We always talk about music." I rolled my eyes, nodding my head in the direction of the record player Ashton had set up in the corner of his room. He was playing The Killers today, as always. Ashton claimed that it was perfect make out music, but I hadn't noticed a difference yet.

"There's just so much to talk about." Ashton giggled. He stared down at me, a faint smile finding it's way onto his lips. Ashton blinked a few times before he leaned down and kissed me shortly, then let himself fall down on the bed next to me.

"Just say something, anything but music." I laughed.

"We can just make out again?" Ashton suggested.

"I think I need a break." I chuckled, hitting him gently on his chest.

"I guess I should say thank you, actually, for what you did last weekend." Ashton said quietly. We hadn't spoken at all about the events of last Saturday night, it was like we had decided to pretend it never happened. I didn't mind, it wasn't something that people usually went around having discussions about.

"It wasn't a big deal, I'm just happy I could help." I rolled onto my side so I could face Ashton, staring at him while he focused on the ceiling.

"I know. I just wanted to say thanks for coming over and taking care of me. No one else would have." Ashton swallowed hard and sat up again.

"I'm sorry." I said softly.

"It's alright, Murphy. Things are going to get better, everything's going to be okay." Ashton smiled.

I really admired Ashton an how he was handling all of this. I understood that he was going through a bit of a rough time but it was great that he knew that things would eventually turn out find. He was a little stubborn about it before, but I think that all it took was a scary situation in the rain to make him realize that he couldn't keep doing it to himself, that all it was doing was hurting him more.

I sat up and turned so my back was now facing Ashton, my legs dangling off the edge of his bed. I nodded, "You're right. Things are going to be fine."

"I'll be right back." Ashton said, jumping up from the bed.

"Where are you going?" I asked, though I had an answer in mind. Ashton walked over to his dresser and took a pack of cigarettes and a lighter off the top, holding them both in one hand.

"10 minutes, maybe less." He giggled, waving the pack around in his hand.

"And then you're going to come back and expect to make out with me." I said blankly, scowling at Ashton.