3.2

For the next two weeks I ignored everyone, even Luke and Calum. It wasn't hard to stay away from Ashton, because he was doing the exact same thing that I was doing. He would either walk to school or not show up at all, not that I was paying attention enough to know if he did either.

It was more difficult to get away from Michael, however, because it seemed like him and his friend Sarah were making out wherever I turned. I wasn't really sure what the logic behind all of that was, because I didn't know if she had actually broken up with her boyfriend or not. Also, I didn't understand why Michael used to have such a problem with just being seen in public and now he was making out with some girl all the time. It bothered me, but I was trying not to let it.

I had just finished taking a shower when I heard the familiar sound of rocks being thrown at my window, and I immediately felt like my heart could burst right out of my chest. I rushed over to the window and opened it, looking outside to see Ashton standing there, wearing a pair of baggy sweatpants and a giant sweater.

"Murphy?" He called up, his voice cracking slightly. He brought his cigarette back up to his lips and took one last drag of it before throwing it down on the ground.

"Come up." I nodded, leaving the window for a second so I could go shut my bedroom door. My parents were actually home this weekend, for once, and although they've been ignoring me completely for the past few days I didn't want to take any chances of them coming in.

A few minutes later Ashton tumbled into my room, trying not to laugh at himself as his foot got stuck on the window sill. He stood up in front of me and brushed himself off, his smile immediately fading as I stood before him.

"How are you?" He asked, tugging the sleeves of his sweater down so they covered his hands.

"Honestly?" I asked, and Ashton nodded. "I'm miserable."

"So am I." Ashton sighed, glancing down at the ground. I had missed him so much, I just wanted to run forward and hug him and never let go.

"I - "

"I miss you so much, baby." Ashton sniffed, his voice sounding shaky, as if he was about to cry.

"I miss you too." I nodded, walking towards Ashton. He stretched his arms out and let me come up and wrap my arms around his body, hugging me tightly to him.

"I'm so sorry." Ashton whispered, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I just buried my face further into his chest, wanting to stay as close to him as I could, in fear that I was going to lose him again.

"I'm sorry, Ashton, for everything that I said to you." I said, looking up at him. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, I just felt so awful, but I forced them to stay back. "I didn't mean any of it, I'm sorry, I overreacted."

"No, no, baby, I overreacted. I shouldn't care if to talk to Michael, it's his choice if he talks or not, not yours. I shouldn't have blamed you for that." Ashton apologized. He grabbed my hand and led me over to my bed, carefully sitting down on the edge of it. I took a seat next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"But I kept it a secret from you and I just feel so bad, Ash. You were right, I promised that I would tell you if I ever heard him talk." I sighed. I knew that I should just stop talking and leave the apologies where they were at, but I couldn't stop myself. I felt too bad about what I had kept from Ashton and I wanted him to know.

"I kept things from you too, so I think we're even." Ashton shifted uncomfortably, making me sit up again. I watched him as he swallowed hard, waiting for him to further explain what he was talking about. "I talked to Luke a couple days ago."