Chapter 2

S͜͡H͜͡O͜͡U͜͡T͜͡ O͜͡U͜͡T͜͡ T͜͡O͜͡ M͜͡Y͜͡ P͜͡E͜͡E͜͡P͜͡S͜͡!

Sorry if the plot's a bit wierd. I have a crazy sense of imagination. 😐

Sofia stayed in that cupboard for the entire week, getting out only to do chores. She wasn't given any food or water, drinking only from the hose. She was feeling weaker by the day. The whip wounds on her back kept reopening and bleeding, soaking most of her t-shirts with blood and sweat.

Her parents were settling well into the neighbourhood, already starting to tell them lies about her. That was why her neighbours would always scowl and talk to her roughly. Her parents were having problems settling into the workplace, though, and ended up hitting her to release their anger.  Those were the causes of her new wounds anyway. So far, she had managed to hide her wounds, which her family had fortunately decided to leave her face unscathed.There was one neighbour she hadn't seen yet though. And that was the one living in front of her.

She could tell that the inhabitant lived alone though he never came out much. According to the snatches of conversations she had managed to hear, the neighbours said that he was a 18 year old teenager whose parents had died. He refused point blank to go to the orphanage, so he now lives there alone. He has a lot of inheritance from his parents which he now uses to survive. Along with the fact that he has a small job of teaching after school.

One day, the smell of cookies woke Sofia up from her sleep. She opened the cupboard door to find her mother, baking cookies in the oven. Her stomach growled audibly, due to the fact that her last meal had probably been, 5 days ago.

"What are those?" she asked. Her mother turned around and scowled. "Chocolate chip cookies. And no, they're not for you. They're for the neighbours." Sofia's stomach gave another growl. Her mother smirked. "That's your own fault, ain't it? Who told you to be so useless? Worthless sluts like you don't deserve food. Now, take these to the neighbours, and not a CRUMB will pass your lips, or there'll be hell to pay. Understood?"

Sofia nodded fearfully as her mother thrust the Tupperware towards her. The started her journey to each home, all of the neighbours taking one cookie, alongside scowls at her. Sofia was used to this though, having gotten the same scowls from the neighbours back at her old home.

Finally, she got to the last house. The house in front of hers. She hesitated, but as if she felt her mother's eyes on her, she braved up the pathway, and knocked on the door. When it opened, she dropped the Tupperware in shock. "So...Sofia?!" the owner asked.

"Da...Daniel?!"