Chapter 15

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been busy with school and I've been having a major writers block. Now, on with the story.

Daniel brought Sofia to a cafe where they had some lunch before saying, "There's something I need to show you." He took her hand and said,"Close your eyes." They walked along the pathway until they reached a certain point of the pavement. " Okay, open your eyes," he said.

Sofia opened her eyes to see nothing between them and the beach. It was spread in front of them, as if it were made for them. Sofia smiled slightly and looked up at him. He had a peaceful expression on his face and the gentle sea breeze was blowing his soft, messy hair in his face. "Come," he said, "I wanna take you to my favourite spot."

He brought Sofia further down the path before making a sharp turn left. The pathway soon ended and Sofia realised where he was heading. A cliff.

"No!" she yelled.

Daniel paused in his steps. "Sofia?" he asked, "What's wrong?" "I... I'm afraid of heights," she admitted. Daniel's eyes widened. "Sorry, Sofia. I didn't know."

Sofia just looked down. Daniel sighed. He stepped a few steps closer to her and spread his arms. "Come here," he said tiredly. Sofia hesitantly stepped towards him before she stopped and shook her head.

Daniel sighed. He pulled Sofia towards him and hugged her. Only then did he realise that her limbs were shaking and she was crying. "Hey, I got you," he cooed. He gently lead Sofia away from the cliff and sat down on a bench with her.

"I'm sorry but I need to ask this Sofia," Daniel said, "Why?" Sofia sniffled and said, "My parents. They once took me to a cliff and told me to stand near the edge. To smell the breeze they said." Sofia sobbed slightly and yelled, "They tried to push me off! They tried to kill me. It's lucky that I could keep my balance, or else I'd probably be dead." She was now sobbing furiously and a few people passing (not from their neighbourhood) stared at the couple. Daniel glared at them and turned his attention towards Sofia. "Hey, it's fine, okay? They're not here to hurt you here. I won't let you fall," he said.

"I don't wanna go to the cliff," Sofia said. "And let your fear rule you forever?" Daniel said, "You must overcome that fear Sofia. It'll just harm you in the end." "I can't!" she wailed. "I'll help you," Daniel said. Pulling her close and rubbing her back, he said, "I'll always be there for you."

"God, help me," his heart said.

"This is gonna be harder than I thought."