Chapter 13

Daniel was once again awakened by the scent of bangers and mash. "God, she's making lunch too? I really need to stop falling asleep like this. All I'm doing is causing her trouble." He slowly got up and limped his way to the kitchen. There, he saw Sofia huched over the stove, cooking. "Smells good," he said casually. Sofia jumped slightly at the sudden intrusion.

"D...Daniel!" she stuttered, "I didn't expect you to be up so quickly!" "No matter," he replied coolly, "You're not even supposed to be cooking. I have bread,you know." "I'm sorry. Am I doing something wr...wrong?" she asked. "No! Not at all! It's just that you didn't have to,"Daniel exclaimed. She smiled tiredly and served the bangers and mash while he sat down. However, he noticed something wrong.

"Only one plate, Sofia?" he asked, confused. "You eat. There um... wasn't enough ingredients," she replied quickly. "Hm... okay..." he said while he watched Sofia's retreating back. After finishing his meal, he stealthily limped to the fridge and opened it. Sure enough, there were enough ingredients. More than enough in fact. "Why would she lie to me?" he questioned.

After washing his dishes, he headed to the living room where Sofia was dusting. "Hey!" he called, "Why did you lie?" She stopped and said, "What do you mean?" The lack of emotion in her voice showed that she knew exactly what he meant. "You know what I mean. You told there was not enough ingredients. There was more than enough. So, why did you lie?" he asked, sighing. "I'm not hungry," she replied. Just then, her stomach took the moment to growl audibly. "Sofia..." "I just don't deserve it. Not while I'm in your house or in mine," she said exasperated.

Daniel had had enough. Sofia was worth it. Whether she realised it or not. He stormed up to her as best as he could on his bad leg and stood in front of her. "Daniel?" she asked, confused. He placed his hand under her chin. "You do deserve it. You deserve it and so much more. Ever since I knew you, the REAL you, I regret how I've treated you before. Every day that I've caused you to suffer," he said, gazing into her brown eyes. Then, gently, he closed the gap between them with a passionate kiss. Sofia was startled at first but then slowly melted into the kiss.

They stayed like that for a while before parting for some much needed air. "I try to deny myself, Sofia. But I can't help it. I've fallen in love, Sofia. In love with you," he said. "Daniel," she whispered, "I never stopped loving you. Even though you rejected me. But I don't deserve..." She was cut off when Daniel shut her up by placing a hand over her mouth. "Enough of that nonsense! Wasn't my speech just now enough?" he chuckled. "I'm sorry. For everything. For hating you and rejecting you and hurting you and..." he rambled before it was his turn to get shut up by Sofia.

"You never hurt me and everything else is forgiven," she said simply. "Wait," Daniel said, "I've two things to say." "What is it?" Sofia asked. "Firstly, I've accidentally told the neighbours about our rivalry so they kinda know that we're supposed to hate each other. So that brings me to the second thing I need to say," he said. "Please don't make me worried," Sofia said concerned.

Daniel chuckled and got down on one knee, "Sofia Anderson, will you be my girlfriend in secret?" he asked, holding her hands and smiling. "I accept, Daniel Hearth," she replied, eyes filling with something he never saw before. Joy. He grinned and started to get up when he winced. Ow, he forgot about his foot. "Argh!" he cried out, "Ugh, I regret kneeling."

And another chapter up! Sorry for the long update and the short chapter. Have a potato.
🥔