Chapter 24

Since it's Louis Tomlinson's birthday, I've decided to be an angel and treat you peeps to three new chapters in a row.😂

One week later... (Sorry for the time skip. Legit had no idea what else to put in😆)

Daniel's POV

Ok, today's the day. It's finally the day she turns 14. Gosh, I've been planning this all week. Ever since I sent her back home after she recovered, I've been planning the party, little by little. Thankfully, she didn't question any of my seclusiveness.

I admit, this planning may or may not have caused our love to waver slightly. Note: slightly. I can just hope this party will make it up. I've invited a few of my friends from school. She didn't really have any friends so I can't really invite them. I suppose my friends will have to do. Now that I think about it, I regret not trying to be her friend before. Anyways, I did invite Dave Howard. Apparently, he had changed his ways and wanted to apologise to Sofia but couldn't find her. I hope he's not lying. For his sake, he'd better not be lying. I swear, if he even dreams of hurting my baby girl, let's just say that he will be unrecognisable by the time I'm done with him.
,
That morning, I went up to her house and knocked. She was ready by that time, and gosh, did she look beautiful. Her hair was tied in a braid and somehow, she just managed to pull off that oversized t-shirt. I smiled at her and lead her down the road. Instead of leading her to my home, I took her down the road and straight to town. She looked up at me, bewildered.

I smirked. "Welp, I have a few errands I need to attend to and I figured that you might appreciate some time outside he house," I said. "Oh," she said. I couldn't help but notice a bit of disappointment in her tone. "Something wrong, Sofi Bear?" I asked. "No, nothing," she said. I frowned lightly. That didn't sound like 'nothing'.

Seeing an open sandwich shop, I dragged her in and said, "Don't think that I forgot about breakfast." I could see her eyes fill with hope. "Thanks," she said. I ordered our food and she tucked in. I smiled. I thought of something. Ever since she came, me smiling has been more of a regular occurrence. I've changed since she came. And I certainly like it.

I took out around $50. "As I said before, I have a few errands to do. Go ahead and treat yourself," I said. "Dani, you don't have to- This is too much!" She sputtered. I kissed her gently. "Hey, it's okay. Don't tucker yourself out though. I need your help later on," I continued. "Okay," she said, "What do you need help for?" "You'll see," I winked, "Go ahead, have fun. See you here at 1."

Sofia's POV

"Go ahead, have fun. See you here at 1," he said. I blinked. What on Earth just happened? I furtively glanced around and left the shop. Huh, I now have $50 and half a day to myself. I ran a hand trough my hair. Where to?

I went to the candy shop and bought a few things. Not too many though. Just a rhubarb and custard, some peppermints, and a few toffees. I had enjoyed walking down the road, admired the mosaic tiles along the pavement, watched the musicians play, and dropped a fiver in a violist's hat. I then just sat at a Starbucks, drinking my green tea latte as I watched the world go round. Gosh, I honestly need to thank Daniel later. This day has been splendid.

Seeing that it was getting close to one, I headed back to the shop. Daniel was already there at the same table as just now. He had a bag of sorts between his legs. I honestly wanted to ask what it's contents were, but he didn't seem in a hurry to tell me what it was, so I didn't even bother to ask.

"Ah, good, you're back," he said, "Choose a sandwich." I ordered a BLT while he had the chicken teriyaki. He seemed to be in quite a hurry to finish it. I raised an eyebrow, my Daniel never gobbled his food. However, this seemed to be the case today. As soon as he finished, he stood up. "I have to go make a phone call for a minute. Stay here," he said, kissing my forehead.

I watched as he made his way to a nearby phone booth and made the call. It barely lasted for a minute before he was done. I quickly finished my sandwich and he helped me to stand up. We made our way back to the house, and could've sworn that I saw the curtain move. He lead me inside and said, "Living room."

I entered the room where it was fairly dark. I turned on the lights.

"SURPRISE!"