Chapter 14

After Daniel's 'proposal', Sofia's life had changed drastically. She was still doing some chores, but Daniel's treatment of her had changed 180°. The air between them had practically cleared, they could talk freely and she no longer had to fear him. Every time Daniel had to return her home, it would be with multiple apologies from him. And it would also be the time when Sofia would assure him that it would be okay. Every time she was abused, Daniel would care for her and tend to the wounds. With Daniel's foot healing, their relationship was improving day by day.

Finally, Daniel's foot healed. Sofia smiled as he whooped in delight when the doctor who came over to his house daily told him. Sofia's smile then faltered a bit. "Now that he's okay, he's probably going to leave me," she thought. "Sofia, where're you going? Come celebrate!" Daniel called. "Celebrate?" she asked, confused. "Yeah!" Daniel yelled, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. "You're not gong to leave me?" she asked again, hope filling in her eyes. Daniel frowned. "Why would you think that?" he asked. "It's just that, now that you're healed..."

Sofia was shut up with a kiss. Once he pulled apart, Daniel said, "I will never leave you. Not after rejecting you for so long." Sofia just stared at him. Daniel smirked. "Get ready," he said, "We're going out." "To where?" Sofia asked. "To welcome you to the promenade."

....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sofia walked behind Daniel as he strode in front of her. Although they were technically a couple, Daniel had said that they still need to keep their relationship a secret. So, here they were. Walking down the road as if nothing had ever happened between them. Sofia hadn't been to this part of the area before but Daniel seemed to know the way, turning corners every few metres. Soon, they found themselves near the beach. "Oh, so this is what he meant by promenade," Sofia thought.

It was fairly early and people were not really up yet. The shops were just opening and the sea breeze blew in her face. After checking around, Daniel stopped abruptly. Sofia, not focusing, ran into him. "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry, I..." she hurriedly said, until she noticed Daniel's smirk. Daniel took her hand and pulled her to his side. "What?" he asked. "Is it wrong for me to hold my girlfriend's hand?" Sofia smiled softly as he continued down the pavement. The air was so peaceful and she started to sing softly.

There's something bout' the way
The street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow on the pavement
You walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot
Yeah!

Daniel heard the soft voice of someone singing and looked around. He turned to Sofia and heard her sing the song softly to herself.

We're driving down the road
I wonder if you know
I'm tryin' so hard
Not to get caught up now
But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absentmindedly makin' me want you

Daniel just kept on staring at her. "Is it weird if I say taht these lyrics completely represent us right now?" he asked himself. He tightened his grip around Sofia's small hand as he continued to walk, not making any hint that he was listening to her.

And I don't know how it gets better than this
So take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress
Fearless

Sofia continued to sing as she walked with him. The area had a park opposite the beach and Daniel lead her to it. It was a working day and people were just arriving , since the doctor came early on that day. No one was at the park, except them.

So, baby, drive slow
'Til we run out of road in this one horse town
I wanna stay right here
In this passenger seat
You put your eyes on me
In this moment now capture it, remember it

Daniel sat down as Sofia skipped around the park, looking so cheerful. Nothing like how Daniel has seen her before. He smiled at her carefree expression. Daniel then stood up and wrapped his hands around her waist. He turned her around to face him.

And I don't know how it gets better than this
So take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance
In a storm in my best dress
Fearless

He smiled and said, "I love you, you know that?" Sofia stared at him, wide eyed and replied, "Always."

Well, you stood there with me in the doorway
My hands shake
I'm not usually this way
But you pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss
It's flawless
Really something
It's fearless

He leaned into her, and gave her a passionate kiss, which she returned. Both of them just lingered for a moment before breaking apart. "Sofia Anderson, I, Daniel Hearth, promise that I'll never let anything happen to you. With all my heart."

"I love you, my warrior princess."