Chapter 11

The next day, Sofia woke up earlier than usual. She, if possible wanted to get to Daniel so she can tend to his foot. She blushed as she thought of the night before. Despite her trying to deny it, she may or may not still have a crush on Daniel. Leaning more towards the 'may' side. "No, he hates me. It's wrong for me to think like this. He's already done so much for me."

Then, the thought hit her. She was wanting more. More than just his care. No, she wanted his AFFECTION. She wanted him to love her, just as she loved him. Sofia felt tears well up in her eyes. "This is just too wrong. Stop it, Sofia! SNAP OUT OF IT!" she nearly yelled. Tears flowed slowly but steadied down her face. "Don't be selfish; you're not worth it," she told herself.

After making some pancakes for her parents, she walked to the other side of the road. "Daniel? Are you up yet?" she called when she entered. Silence. She walked up to Daniel's room and saw him still sleeping peacefully, probably knackered from the adrenaline rush from yesterday. Sofia smiled sadly, looking at the boy whom she knew could never be hers. She brushed a couple of hairs away from his face and left to make some breakfast for them when he woke up.
.                                                                                                                                                         .

Daniel woke up to the smell of frying sausages wafting into his nostrils. He looked at his watch which was on his bedside table and cursed. 10 a.m. He scrambled out of bed and cried out loud as he put his weight on his injured foot (which he totally forgot about). "Daniel?" he heard Sofia's high-pitched voice call out, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine!" he called back. "No, you're obviously not. I'm coming up," she replied, before coming up the stairs. Daniel groaned and slumped into the pillows. He hated being a burden, especially not to the girl he had grown to love.

Sofia was at the door within moments and was already starting to help him up when she asked, "Bathroom?" "What?" Daniel asked stupidly. "I said, 'BATHROOM?'" she replied rolling her brown eyes. "Oh, um, yes," he replied. Sofia helped him up and helped him to limp to the bathroom where she left him to do his 'buisness'. Giving him time to think.

"I can't feel this way for her. She probably hates me now that I know her secret. And the fact that I let the whole school know," he thought.

Meanwhile...

"I can't keep on liking him. He hates me for being too weak. And now that he knows, he probably thinks I'm pathetic," Sofia thought as she waited for Daniel.

Both of them contemplated in their thoughts, not knowing that the other was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh... and things get FLUFFY! What do you think should happen between them? Read, comment and vote! 🤜🏻🤛🏻