Chapter 10

Sofia's schedule since her appointment didn't change much. She would wake up at around 7.00 and prepare breakfast for her parents before getting picked up by Daniel and having breakfast at his place. She was then given small chores (or sometimes A chore) and was allowed to rest or they would talk upon completion.

Sofia felt like this was a dream come true. However, she knew that it wouldn't last for long...

.....................................................................................................................

On the sixth day, she was picked up by Daniel. The day was going on as usual until that moment. Sofia was helping Daniel to lift a heavy shelf when she slipped, releasing her grip on the shelf. Daniel, whose foot had the pleasure to be underneath the shelf at the time, had 50 kg worth of wood and metal dumped onto his foot. "OWWW! GOD DAMMIT THAT HURT LIKE HELL!" he yelled out. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Sofia shouted, hurriedly prying the shelf of his foot with much difficulty.

After a while, the shelf was off, and Daniel's foot was crushed. "OW!" Daniel yelled again as Sofia was calling an ambulance. Within half an hour, the ambulance arrived. He was rushed to the hospital, where the doctors confirmed that his foot was sprained.

"Great, just great," he grumbled sarcastically. "I'm sorry, Daniel. I didn't mean for this to happen," Sofia said, sniffling. She had been crying the whole time. Daniel looked at her and softened his gaze slightly. "Look," he said, "I may be upset that you dropped the shelf, but please don't feel too guilty. It's not your fault that you slipped."

"But your foot..." "Can be healed," he said, "Although you may have extra chores later on." "I don't mind," Sofia said, "Anything." They went back to Daniel's house via a taxi and Sofia helped Daniel up the stairs to his bedroom. She put Daniel in bed and Daniel said, "Thank you." "Anytime," Sofia replied, as she flashed Daniel one of her spectacular grins. Daniel blushed. Sofia was just leaving when Daniel said, "Wait."

She turned and he continued, "Lock the door and take the spare keys with you." Sofia nodded, turned the lights off and was closing the door when she said, "Oh, and Daniel?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for forgiving me."

As she left, Daniel turned and blushed furiously. "OMG! That grin was so cute! Who knew she could be so beauti..." He froze. "No, no, no, this is bad. This is VERY bad! What am I thinking?! I'm supposed to hate her! She's supposed to hate me! We're NOT meant to be together! I can't help it, but I love her."

Hey peeps! Sorry for the short chapter. I've got an exam next week and I need to study 😰. Anyways, hope you like it. Read, like and review! Stay alive, readers.