Chapter 3

The morning Rose and Catelyn were getting ready to leave Renly's camp, horse hooves and shouting could be heard outside the tent where Rose was finalizing a letter to Tyrion Lannister. Tyrion was the only Lannister who kept in touch. It was a secret, she was sure, that was kept from the others but they wrote to mainly match wits and Tyrion was never one to judge others status' or positions in life. Rose stood from her desk upon hearing the commotion and peered outside to see Stannis Baratheon, Renly's brother, walking into Renly's tent with hoards of guards on horseback surrounding it.

Without exposing herself to the camp in her travelling attire, Rose peeled back the tent's flap so only her eyes could peer out. After she analyzed the scene and determined it was no threat, only Stannis visiting Renly on business, she closed the tent again and finished the letter. Sealing it closed with a Tyrell seal, Rose stepped out with it in a tight clutch as she handed it to Brienne who was standing guard outside her makeshift home.

"Brienne, please have this sent immediately to a raven. It is of the most urgent importance." Rose told Brienne who took it and dismissed herself. Rose wrung her hands nervously, looking again to Renly's surrounded tent where she saw a woman in red standing by the opening. The woman felt Rose looking at her so with a turn of her head, met Rose's eyes for a brief moment. It became perhaps a moment too long but Rose's attention was diverted by Margaery who caught her sister before she could make her escape.

"My dear Rose, how are you this evening?" Margaery smiled at her older sister with a fondness not many could say they had for their siblings. If there was anything Olenna Tyrell wanted her grandchildren to have more than anything in the world it was a strong bond. Rose laughed at her sister and her brows furrowed at the language she used.

"My dear? Margaery, no need to be so formal. I am more than 10 namedays elder than you, please." Margaery let out her own laugh and took Rose's arm in her own, guiding her down to the water and to the rocky beach the camp settled near. It was a sight—the two sisters. So far from their home and so elusive in their looks that they always looked to be hiding all of Westeros' secrets.

"Rose, I've never had the courage to ask you, but Lady Brienne showed me that I need to apparently have more, but why haven't you married?" Rose sighed and looked out toward the ocean. Margaery was infatuated with the idea of power and the structure of power. She knew from a young age that women in Westeros did not rise to power on their own, as unfortunate as it is, unless they had a strong partner in life, a husband who had money. Margaery was always trying to up her status in the world and pushed for bigger and better things for her family and those who she loved most.

"Margaery, I do not expect you to understand why I have never married nor why father never forced me into a marriage." Rose was the opposite of Margaery in many ways. She was never one to seek power like Margaery, nor try to up her status simply because she would have been seen as an idol, a prophet to the people. Rose sought no one's opinions if she didn't need to, but surely everyone was more than willing to share theirs about her and what she did with her life.

"Well I am plenty old now. And married, I believe I will understand."

"Have you ever loved someone Margaery?" Margaery looked at her sister with a confused face. Of course she did, she loved Renly with her whole heart.

"Yes. I love Renly."

"Is that the truth? You are married to Renly but that does not inquire that you love him as well."

"I love Renly." She stated again, this time more assertive.

"Before father could find a suitor for me, I had already fallen in love. I was a fairly young, pretty lady living in King's Landing without father until he ultimately joined me? Remember that?" Margaery racked her brain of childhood memories until she shook her head in understanding.