• Chapter 21 •

Rose walked through the halls rushing to her sister who was waiting on her to break her fast with other ladies of the court. Rose's beige dress flowed out as she suddenly came to a halt as she reached her sister but facing the back of Cersei, instead of her sister. Margeary noticed her sister arriving and looked around Cersei to greet her sister.
"Rose, I'm so happy you could make it." Margeary said in the kindest voice possible. The other ladies quietly voiced their agreement and nodded their heads. Cersei turned around, her long blonde locks swinging around vigorously. Cersei' face distorted into a sniveling, sinister smile, which Rose couldn't help but furrow her eyebrows in a angered reaction.
"Lady Tyrell, I can't imagine what it is that is keeping you so late to dine with your sister?" Cersei commented to Rose.
"Lady Lannister I am sure that it has no affiliation to you."
"Queen." Cersei replied.
"Margaery is the queen now. I'm afraid you are the Kings mother, but more importantly, Lady of house Lannister."
"Your sister never got to the bedding ceremony with Joffrey, she is no queen."
The air was thick, nothing could deny the pure hatred the two women had for one another.
"I'm sure King Tommen would say otherwise."
Cersei folded her hands in front of her dress and smirked at Rose. Cersei drew herself closer until there was little room between them.
"Don't think I don't know what your doing. You might want to be more careful, the little birds hear everything. When I'm done with you, there won't be a piece left for the birds to hear."

Cersei walked off and Rose was left fuming, staring at the ground. Margaery approached her while all the ladies behind her stayed silent.
"Come, we must get you fed. We have a long day today."
Margaery wrapped her arms around Rose and walked her over to the chair next to her. Rose was in a trance the rest of the day, she'd never make it out of King's Landing alive.

The sun had set awhile ago but Rose still sat up in her bed. The quiet breeze flowing through the balcony, the long, silk curtains moving with them. Two candles on either side of the four post bed lit the room dimly. Her thoughts were elsewhere when two soft nocks sounded from the door. Rose's head quickly moved toward the door as it opened, closed, and locked within a matter of seconds. Jaime walked over to the bed, he seemed tired, perhaps Cersei had something to do with it. Jaime could sense something was wrong once he got closer to Rose. He made his way over to her side of the bed and sat down next to her.
"Something is wrong. What happened?"
"I was late to a meeting with my sister this morning."
"And?"
"Cersei was there when I arrived and she threatened me again. In front of my sister and the other ladies of the court. She said that she knows what I'm doing and that her little birds know everything."
"Well that could-"
"No Jaime. She knows about us. She knew I couldn't stay away from you once I got here. It's been over 2 months and apparently she knows everything. She implied she knew I was with you before I met with Margaery and she's not sweeping anything under the rug. She isn't forgiving you know that."
Jaime put one hand behind Rose's neck, making Rose look him in the eye.
"I told you I won't let anything happen to you. I promise that."
"When the time comes, Cersei has a plan for me. I don't want to know what that plan is. This place. These people. It's all a game. Destroy your enemies, never compromise, hold all the power. I'm not good at this game."
"Once your sister becomes queen, Cersei won't be able to touch you."
"Do you really believe that?"
Jaime didn't answer, Rose didn't believe him either. Cersei was going to destroy her enemies one by one. Starting with Tyrion, then with Rose.
"What do we do?" Rose whispered.
"I don't know." Jaime responded.
Rose moved from her spot and knelt on the bed, her arms engulfing Jaime into a tight hug. Jaime wasted no time grasping onto her. Who knows how much time they, together, have left?