• Chapter 22 •

When the sun came up the next morning, the septs bells rung loudly. Jaime left before most people were awake, he was visibly conflicted with his emotions today, ready to support Tyrion, but afraid of the consequence from his father and Cersei if he chooses to. Rose awoke to her handmaiden pulling out a burnt orange gown for her to wear.

       Rose dressed and ate the fruit that was sitting on the table near the balcony. Rose then decided she would make her way to the throne room, perhaps her grandmother would be there or sister. When she arrived, there were few spectators, and fewer royal guests, but Oberyn didn't miss Rose coming into the room.
"Lady Tyrell." Oberyn called from next to the iron throne, both meeting each other in the middle.
"Prince Oberyn, I hear you are to be a judge in this trial?" Rose asked him. Oberyn nodded and his eyes scanned Rose's body.
"Yes. I must say, if you weren't taken, I would enjoy your company?"
Rose raised her eyebrows in surprise. Oberyn was bold and a lover, neither of those things were a secret.
"Who said I was taken?"
Oberyn smirked and gave a little laugh.
"You wouldn't be trapped in this lion den if you weren't taken by one of them. And by the looks of it, I'd say it's the Kingslayer."
"But my sister is here. She will be queen, I could be here for her."
"Yes. You could be, but from what I've heard is you arrived with the Kingslayer, you were with him at the wedding. I am very observant Lady Tyrell. I could see it in your eyes the lust for someone, and your eyes were certainly trained on him. But don't fret, people in Dorne are more welcoming to those types of things. I suppose that includes me."
Before Rose could say anything in response, Oberyn began to walk away. But he turned to her one last time and approached her again. His hand rose and his fingers played with the highest layer of her dress, which fell right by her chest.
"You suggested that I wanted to kill a Lannister. You were close. But no, not a Lannister. I want Gregor Clegane. The mountain. He raped and murdered my sister and murdered her children and at Tywin Lannister's command wrapped them in a Lannister cloak to show their power. Tywin gave the order to have them killed but the mountain raped her and split her in two. I want revenge and justice for my sister. I'm sure if you sister was murdered, you would want the same."
"I would. Good luck Prince Oberyn."

Rose went to the chairs on the right side of the iron throne and sat down. More people were there now and Olenna and Margaery were watching Rose and Oberyn's conversation but the way Oberyn touched Rose, caught the eye of Jaime who entered right at that moment. As Rose sat down, she looked up to meet the eyes of Jaime who was just about to leave to go get Tyrion. He gave her a look of uneasiness and a bit of jealousy, although he had nothing to worry about. Several moments later, the entire court filed in, as well as the remaining judges, Roses' father Mace, and Tywin Lannister. Tommen recused himself, obviously not wanting to make the decision to either behead his uncle or set him free of a crime he didn't know if he committed or not. Rose watched at Cersei entered a scowl ever present on her face. This moment, with Tyrion in the hands of their father, facing life or death was something Cersei dreamt of. Rose could only imagine what she had in store for her. The throne rooms' doors opened to reveal Jaime leading Tyrion to the stand at the bottom of the throne. The court was quiet, watching Tyrion's every move. Once Tyrion was in the stand, Jaime moved near where the rest of the Tyrell's were seated. Rose looked at him but he avoided her gaze. The trial began and Rose watched everyone. Jaime was conflicted, just as he had been earlier that morning. Cersei was shooting daggers at Tyrion, Rose was sure if Cersei could, she would kill Tyrion then and there. Oberyn was leaning casually in the chair, looking thoroughly amused by the entire situation. Rose caught his glance a few times, it didn't go unnoticed by Jaime. Tywin was stoic. He listened to Tyrion and at some point Rose felt Tywin just wanted all of this to be over. But Rose knew how Tywin felt about Tyrion. He hated his son and it was incredibly unfair. And Mace, well, Mace was trying to hard to be a insider. Rose thought Olenna should have been the one to be up there, but that would never happen. The court broke once then regrouped and brought witnesses up. It was rarely an important person before a woman with brown hair and olive skin walked to the stand. Tyrion was entranced and Rose had seen this woman before. It was Sansa Stark's handmaiden, Shae. Apparently, based on Shae's testimony, she was Tyrion's whore. But Tyrion refused to let her say it, though she insisted. It was quite painful to watch and Rose felt a great deal of pity for her friend. Tyrion was broken. He sought no way out of this trial.
"Father, I wish to confess. I wish to confess!" Tyrion stated from the stand, just loud enough for everyone to hear.
"You wish to confess?" Tywin was perplexed.
Tyrion turned to the crowd and scowled at them all.
"I saved you. I saved this city. All your worthless lives. I should have let Stannis kill you all."
The spectators gasped in shock to hear Tyrion say something like that.
"Tyrion, do you wish to confess?" Tywin asked him.
"Yes, father. I'm guilty. Guilty. Is that what you want to hear?"
"You admit you poisoned the king?"
"No. Of that, I'm innocent. I'm guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I'm guilty of being a dwarf." Tyrion was amused with himself. He was finally getting to say what he's always felt. But to everyone else, Tyrion was digging his grave.
"You are not on trial for being a dwarf." Tywin stated as if it was obvious.
"Oh, yes I am. I've been on trial for that my entire life."
"Have you nothing to say in your defense?" "Nothing but this, I did not do it. I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores! I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!" Tyrion shouted at everyone. Rose was confused by Tyrion's outburst. He looked as if he was going to get out of it. He just screwed everyone who helped him over. Jaime, Rose, Bronn, Pod.   Varys.
"Ser Meryn! Ser Meryn escort the prisoner back to his cell!" Tywin ordered from the throne.
"I will not give my life for Joffrey's murder and I know I'll get no justice here, so I will let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat!" Tyrion challenged Tywin and he was taken away. Once Tyrion left the sea of agitated spectators and back into his cell, Rose got up and went to Jaime who was still standing in the same spot next to Tyrion's stand.
"What did he just do?"
Jaime shook his head and looked to Rose.
"I made a deal with my father. Tyrion was to be set free, to live the rest of his life with the watch and I was going to take my place as rightful heir to Casterly Rock."
"Jaime-"
"I asked my father to have you as a wife."
"What?" Rose was taken by surprise.
"It doesn't matter now. Nothing does."
Jaime left the throne room, leaving Rose standing confused by the revelation he just threw at her. Rose quickly turned to leave by caught the attention of Cersei before she could leave. Cersei smiled at Rose. A smile that was meant to kill. Cersei had her proof that Rose couldn't stay away from Jaime. She didn't need any little birds to spy anymore, she had just the proof and leverage to start tearing down the second wealthiest family in all of Westeros. Starting with Rose.