• Epilogue •

Months later, there was a wedding in the west. Casterly Rock was covered in red and gold decorations, the flowers of House Tyrell were ever present and the sun was shining brightly and warmly over the castle as Lords and Ladies arrived for the celebration. The common folk outside in Lannisport celebrated too. The future Lady of Casterly Rock made sure that they felt the celebration as well, where they were welcome to feast in the city and partake in the events that occurred throughout the week. As the Lords and Ladies from every corner of Westeros flocked to the sea city, the rebuilt castle had shone from far away and Lord Tyrion and Ser Bronn, now Lord of Highgarden walked through the courtyard and watched the others having a good time.

"Look at us, somehow alive after the two wars and celebrating a wedding no one thought would take place." Tyrion said as he took a drink of his dornish wine. Bronn looked over at the man and agreed.

"I'm quite surprised Rose didn't have someone murder me for Highgarden. It's a bigger castle than this, more land, more gold at the moment."

"I suppose the wars have changed all of us, Bronn."

"Lady Stark." Bronn greeted as Sansa appeared in front of the two men wearing a summery frock with weirwood leaves embedded in the bodice. It was a look that fit her as Queen in the North.

"Lord Tyrion, Ser Bronn. It's quite a celebration is it not?" She greeted and asked the two men. She joined them on their walk to the gardens were the ceremony would take place.

"It is quite nicer than any wedding I have been at. Hopefully with a happier ending as well." Tyrion responded, sharing a look of distaste about weddings with Sansa.

"Beautiful as well. They sure know how to decorate. It's nice to see everyone getting along as well. Arya would have enjoyed the celebrations I'm sure."

"And how is she? Have you heard from her and her travels?"

"Yes, she hasn't found much yet. A few inhabited Isles, that's all." Sansa told them and they nodded their heads in understanding. They arrived to the gardens and they had been decorated with golden roses and Lannister lions but in the most beautiful way they could have imagined. Chairs lined the gardens and the highest Lords and Ladies, as well as King Bran sat near the front. Bran was sitting beside Brienne and Podrick, with Ser Davos sitting beside them. Jon Snow was there, back from beyond the wall and Castle Black, Sansa seeing him and hugging him tightly.

"It's good to see you, brother." Sansa said and Jon gave her a smile, appreciating her calling him brother and continuing their familial relationship.

"Tyrion." Tyrion heard his name called from the front of the garden and saw Jaime standing alongside some hedges, motioning for him to come over. Tyrion walked to him and took in Jaime's nervous demeanor, a smile gracing his face at his brother's nervousness.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Tyrion asked him and Jaime looked at the group of people waiting for the ceremony to start.

"I haven't been too fond of weddings, there's not one that I've been to that hasn't ended terribly. I don't want that happening today." Jaime told him and adjusted his golden collar.

"Those bad people are gone now. No one will ruin this, Jaime. Just focus on the woman who will be walking down that path in a little while and the future you two will have. I have a feeling Rose thinks Joanna will get lonely being the only child inside the castle."

"Did she tell you that?" Jaime laughed and Tyrion smiled at him, looking out into the crowd and at their friends.

"I probably shouldn't have said that." Tyrion and Jaime saw Brienne get up from her spot in her Kingsguard armor and make her way to the both of them.

"I would advise you both to get to your seats, I must go get the bride, but the ceremony will begin soon." She told them and they all shared a smile.

"Thank you, Brienne. For helping her." Jaime told her and they embraced each other, true friends that appreciated one another.

"Tyrion, if you would take your brother." Brienne motioned and Tyrion nodded and led Jaime to his seat next to his own. Brienne left to go inside the castle and to the room where Rose was getting ready with her handmaidens. Brienne knocked on the door and waited and once someone opened the door, the handmaidens left, knowing what time it was. Rose was standing in front of a mirror, admiring the gown that was so kindly made for her. This wasn't a traditional wedding, there was no sept, this was a marriage of love and hope, not forced or unwanted. Rose's gown was a symbol of that. It was loose but shapely for her. The gown was homage to Margaery's style, with her golden rose belt attached to the center. The cape on the gown was sea foam, the color the of the sea when it met the rocks of the castle and golden embroidered on the cape. The clasps on the shoulders, where the cape met the dress were small lions, a symbol to Jaime and the Lannister family. As Jaime would not be giving her a cloak, this was a small way to embody that tradition. The style of the dress was the way Olenna had hers when she was married many years ago in Highgarden. It was lustful, beautiful, and truly Tyrell. Brienne cleared her throat to break Rose out of the trance she seemed to be in while looking at her gown. Rose looked up in the mirror and smiled at Brienne, carefully lifting her gown to meet Brienne.

"The dress is beautiful, Rose. Truly beautiful."

"Thank you, Brienne. Where is Joanna?"

"Podrick said he would hold her, if that was alright. I wasn't aware that Podrick was fond of children."

"I'll have to thank him later then. Is everyone ready?"

Everyone was ready to go and the group of Rose, Brienne, and her handmaidens, made their way to the gardens. The commoners watched as their future Lady walked to her alter. They all smiled and waved happily and Rose was beaming at their support for her, she truly wasn't expecting the response. Before she entered the gardens, she turned to Brienne who handed her a hair pin of a wolf.

If it wasn't for Catelyn Stark, Rose isn't sure Jaime and her would be there. The Starks had a larger impact on her life than they will ever know and the hair pin is the least she could do. She spotted where Sansa, Jon, and Bran were sitting, to her left, and put the pin on that side of her hair. Brienne held out her arm for Rose to take and she did. Brienne was honored to walk Rose down to the aisle to the man who had saved her many years ago and was, but didn't show, bubbling with emotion as a result. She was so thankful.

Everyone in the gardens stood and looked to the back where Rose and Brienne began making their way down to the flowered arch and Jaime, who was standing next to his brother, waiting to take his bride.

Rose smiled at those who nodded kindly in support and welcome to her. She saw Sansa glance at the pin in her hair and smile and curtsy to the Lady in thanks. Brienne handed Rose off to Jaime who smiled at her brightly. Tyrion was there too, smiling more than he realized and more than he had in the last few years.

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever." The septon said and Jaime and Rose smiled at each other as Jaime rubbed his thumbs over her hands, easing his nervous demeanor.

"Let it be known that Jaime of House Lannister and Rose of House Tyrell are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder." A ribbon, covered in floral patters in gold and red was given to Jaime who held one end and Rose and Jaime entwined their hands as the septon began entwining the ribbon over their hands.

"In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words"

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger..."

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." Jaime said and Rose repeated in her own way.

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

"With this kiss, I pledge my love."

And the two longtime lovers kissed, for the first time as husband and wife.