• Chapter 15 •

The gates of Harrenhall opened widely as Locke and his crew, along with Rose, Jaime, and Brienne entered Bolton territory

       The gates of Harrenhall opened widely as Locke and his crew, along with Rose, Jaime, and Brienne entered Bolton territory. The courtyard was a busy mess of people and no where near as pretty as Highgarden or King's Landing. Jaime was first to get off his horse, stumbling a bit, obviously not well enough to be doing things on his own, then Brienne and Rose's hands were tied and they were taken off the horse, although they could have easily done it themselves. Roose Bolton was standing with some guards, ready to greet the southern visitors. Everyone approached Lord Bolton and Jaime fell to the ground.
"Lord Bolton, I give you the Kingslayer." Locke presented Jaime to him.
"Pick him up Locke. You've lost a hand." Lord Bolton observed.
Locke stifled a laugh and grabbed Jaime's dangling hand around his neck.
"No, my lord. He has it here."
Lord Bolton seemed appalled, but his emotions were hard to read.
"Take this away." He ordered the removal of the dangling hand.
"Send it to his father?" Locke questioned.
"You'll hold your tongue unless you want to lose it." Lord Bolton threatened, which made the men back away a bit.
Lord Bolton looked to Rose and Brienne, still tied and anxiously waiting what might happen to them.
"Cut them free." The men roughly grabbed their wrists and cut the ropes.
"Apologies my ladies. You're under my protection now."
"Thank you my lord." Rose responded, Brienne bowed her head in thanks.
Lord Bolton motioned to servants and told them to find rooms for his guests. Jaime stopped him before he walked away.
"Lord Bolton." He called out weakly.
"Is there any word from the Capitol?"
Lord Bolton walked back to them.
"Lady Tyrell, you should be happy to learn that your sister is going to marry the King. The wedding shouldn't be too far away now. And haven't you heard? Stannis Baratheon laid siege to King's Landing. Sailed into Blackwater Bay. Stormed the gates with thousands of men. And your sister? How can I put it?"
Jaime was almost about to fall over, it could have been from the pain, but it could have been from the possibly of thinking that Cersei might have died.
"Your sister is well and alive. Your father's forces prevailed."
Jaime fell but was caught by a couple of men, who Lord Bolton ordered to take Jaime to a man named Qyburn.
Rose and Brienne were taken to separate rooms and were given gowns to wear after they bathed. Rose bathed and dressed before heading down to the Maester, Qyburn, hoping she could send a raven to King's Landing. Rose knocked on the closed door and a small, elder man opened the door. The room smelt like rotting flesh.
"My lady. What can I do for you?" He asked Rose.
"I was hoping I could send a raven? I have to write to someone."
"Of course my lady."
         Qyburn opened the door and Rose entered. Jaime was sitting in a chair not far from the door. Rose could see the sweat beading down his forehead, he didn't look well at all, but he was conscious.
"Is Ser Jaime going to be alright?" Rose asked politely.
"Yes my lady. Ser Jaime just needs to rest and eat and his hand should heal nicely."
Qyburn handed Rose a quill and piece of parchment. She sat down at the table next to Jaime. He was watching her intently.
"You should really go to the bathes. Someone can help you if you need it-" Rose began telling him.
"I don't need the help. I can handle it myself."
Jaime replied sourly. Rose couldn't say she was surprised that he was acting this way. He felt like the whole world was against him after he got his hand chopped off. And for the first time, in a long time, he felt sad.
"Your not going to get any better if you avoid help."
"I'm fine on my own."
Rose huffed and started writing her letter. She could feel Jaime's eyes on her, perhaps trying to read her letter.
"If you are going to keep staring might as well say something." Rose looked up again and met Jaime's eyes.
He didn't say anything.
Rose turned to Qyburn who was sitting quietly observing the two.
"Could you please escort Ser Jaime to the baths and make sure he is cared for."
Qyburn was about to answer before Jaime cut him off.
"No."
"You need to-"
"After your done writing your Grandmother you can take me to the baths. Then you can stop complaining about me not getting help."
Rose purses her lips but turned back and continued writing to her Grandmother. Rose had to be careful about what she wrote, as she now knew that Jaime was watching what she was writing. When she finished, Rose got up and walked to Qyburn, sealed the letter and handed it to him.
"Please make sure this gets to King's Landing."
"Of course my lady."
Rose walked over to where Jaime was sitting and grabbed onto his left elbow and arm to help him stand. He stumbled a bit at first but soon found his footing. They left Qyburn's room and walked toward the baths. Rose, already washed and dressed, remembered where they were and arrived quickly to them.