• Chapter 19 •

The sept was silent as Margaery entered. Her white gown and embroidered flower train stunned many in the room, she truly looked like a queen. Mace walked her down until they reached the bottom of the steps. Mace then joined Olenna, Loras, and Rose on the left side of the sept. Rose took the opportunity to glance to the right, where the Lannister's were standing. Tywin, Cersei, Tommen, and Jaime in the front, Sansa and Tyrion behind them. Before anyone could catch her eye, Rose turned and faced the King and future Queen as they exchanged wedding vows. Rose had been to several weddings in the past, including the one of King Robert and future Queen Cersei, but she would never experience one that included her and the man she loved.

Clapping and cheers ensued as King Joffrey presented Margaery to the crowd. They walked down the aisle, Margaery flashing a bright smile at her family, which they only acknowledged. Olenna was particularly displeased with Margaery marrying such a violent person, and frankly Rose thought Olenna feared for Margaery's life. The Royal family and the Brides family filed out first, Olenna and Tywin together, Mace and Cersei, Loras and Tommen, and much to Cersei's displeasure, Rose and Jaime.
"Beautiful wedding wouldn't you say?" Jaime asked Rose, making brief conversation as they headed to the courtyard for the wedding feast.
"Yes very. Margaery looked very beautiful."
"She did. But I have to say, you look stunning in that gown."
"Oh please. If you knew how I was suffocating in this corset, you wouldn't think it's stunning." Rose scoffed at Jaime. Flirt. Always has been, always will be one. Jaime leaned into Rose's left ear, whispering so no one could hear him.
"Well, if that's an invitation to tear the dress off you, I'll take it."
Rose smacked his armored arm and he pulled away from her ear and smirked. Rose, a bit perplexed by Jaime's confidence to say something like that in public, turned behind her, just in case someone had heard. She turned to see Tyrion and Sansa walking behind them. If anything, Sansa's scarlett face gave it away that at least she heard what Jaime had said. Tyrion shook his head at Rose, indicating that Rose didn't need to worry about Sansa.

When everyone arrived at the feast, the courtyard had been set up elegantly in reds and golds. There was a large stage set up where the two prominent families would feast and present entertainment, while other noble Lords and Ladies would sit and dine on the other side.
"Excuse me, I must resume my duties." Jaime excused himself, not before placing a chaste kiss on Rose's hand. Although not an uncommon gesture, it could have brought unwanted attention from guests.
Rose wandered for a bit, grazing the elegant food tables, welcoming several different Lords until Oberyn Martell and his paramour approached her.
"Lady Tyrell." Oberyn called to her.
"Prince Oberyn, I hope you're enjoying the festivities."
Oberyn nodded.
"I suppose as much as someone can. This is my paramour, Ellaria Sand."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Tyrell, I've certainly heard a lot about you."
Rose raised her eyebrows a bit, hoping that the things Ellaria has heard about her were all good.
"All good things I hope?" Rose asked her.
"Well, I guess it depends whose side your on."
"I assume your pleased with your sisters marriage? I mean, you get to live in this shit hole of a city." Oberyn asked her.
"It's not all that bad once you get used to it. But if I had the choice of who my sister would marry, I think Tommen would be the right choice."
"And why do you say that?" Oberyn questioned and cocked his head.
"I don't see why those matters are important to you." Rose defended herself.
"No I guess they are not."
"No. Now, if you will excuse me Prince Oberyn, I must join my grandmother."
Rose tried moving away from Oberyn but to her dismay, he moved in front of her again.
"Do you know why I'm here?"
"No. If you would like to enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it."
"Tywin Lannister gave the order to the Mountain to rape and murder my sister and murder her children. The Lannister's aren't the only ones who pay their debts."
"What happened to Elia was atrocious, there is no denying it. But seeking revenge or death is no better than what Tywin did to Elia."
"Then what would you suppose I do?"
"It doesn't matter what I think Prince Oberyn. You're too stubborn and confident to listen to anyone else's opinion. I assume your definition of justice or revenge includes a Lannister dying. I guess I'm relieved I'm not a Lannister."