• Chapter 31 •

The wagon filled with gold and no widows didn't sit well with Rose or her state of mind. Left alone in the dark wagon for hours before the army even stopped for the nights rest was deemed by Rose to be the worst thing, because she was left to her thoughts. Over the last 12 hours she had seen her home attacked and sacked, it was left in ruins. Her family was completely gone with the essential murder of her Grandmother, and it was all at the hands of her old lover who locked her away in the wagon. She hadn't seen Jaime in two years and even wondered if he cared about her well-being anymore, or if Cersei had somehow wedged herself within him so deep that he was stuck under her thumb again. She figured the latter which made her stomach turn as before she left King's Landing, she thought Jaime had no love left for his sister, which meant he was all Rose's, but that certainly does not fit the bill, as Jaime now leads the Queen's army, and falls at her feet every chance he gets.

Rose knew it was night because the sun stopped seeping through the cracks of the wagon only a little while ago. She could feel the wagon and horses come to a stop and she sat there for what felt like hours before anyone remembered she had been stuffed inside of it.

Jaime made sure his men were set up for the night before he went to get Rose. All the tents were set and the fences for Tyrell prisoners were put up. He grasped onto the handle of the wagon, ready to open before he was distracted by Bronn.

"She still in there?" Bronn asked knowingly. He knew Tyrion's two best friends based on how much Tyrion had talked about them. He knew their story and the love the two shared and he got to know Jaime better after Tyrion left, sworn to protect him, although he could protect himself. But Bronn worked for himself over everything and everyone else. He wanted the money and castle Jaime Lannister had promised him.

"Yes." Jaime turned and told him. He looked at Bronn questioningly, knowing he wanted something.

"Bring her out. I want to ask a favor." Bronn told him. Jaime thought of the favors Bronn of all people wanted from his Rose. He furrowed his brows in anger and shook his head.

"She's not doing anything for you-"

"Not like that. I want to ask her about her inheritance, if women get that sort of thing."

Jaime loosed a bit, a bit embarrassed by the way he reacted to Bronn. Jaime turned back to the handle and opened the wagon. Rose was still sitting where he left her and she raised her eyebrows at him.

"What does Bronn want?" Rose asked him. Jaime tried to play it off like Bronn wasn't there but Rose could hear their entire conversation. She stood and with her tied hands got out of the wagon, ignoring Jaime's help to get down. Rose turned to her left and faced a seemingly happy Bronn.

"What do you want from me?" Rose asked Bronn.

"You get anything from your castle?"

"Excuse me?"

"Do you inherit it?"

"Do you even know what inherit means?"

"Fancy words for fancy people and if I am correct, women are not suppose to inherit castles."

"I can not say. I would suppose it would go to my brother, but he's dead. So I would be next in line as the Tyrell heir, so yes, it is my castle whether I am a woman or not." Rose felt like she proved him wrong, but Bronn wanted his castle.

"You're a fugitive of the crown, so no, you don't have anything, which means your castle is for grabs. I suppose you wouldn't mind if it became mine? Jaime promised me a castle, money, and a lady, and I can only get two of those things from you."