• Chapter 41 •

The smell of burning bodies filled the air even hours after saying farewell to the fallen heroes of the Battle of Winterfell. The Long Night is over, but the great war is just beginning, but not before a bit of celebration for the survivors of the North.

The Great Hall was filled with jubilant shouting and laughter, the heroes gathered at tables with cups full of wine and ale, and plates full with the lasting food that was saved inside of the castle. At the table near the bright fireplace, Jon sat between his Queen and sister, the tension was there but people were ignorant, enjoying the atmosphere that engulfed their every turn. Brienne, Podrick, Jaime, and Rose, all sat at the end of one table closest to the Queen. Daenerys wanted all her advisors to stay close, even with the dead gone, a threat still loomed.

Rose sat quietly next to Jaime as he finally convince Brienne to loosen up and enjoy herself for once. It was amusing to her as she watched both the love of her life and one of her best friends interact in such a pleasant way, and enjoy themselves for once. It was rare to find happiness that filled a room, and she was enjoying every second of it.

"Gendry." Daenerys called out to the man who was just passing by Rose to leave the room. He appeared startled but faced the Queen anyway.

"Yes, my Queen."

"You're the son of Robert Baratheon, the usurper? Is that correct?"

"The bastard son. I did not know who my father was until after he was dead." Gendry told her and the room was eerily quiet, not a sound was heard from even the drunkest of the men and women in the room. Gendry fiddled with his hands, unsure of what to do, he had just wanted to leave the room, but now he was being, at least what felt like interrogated, by the Queen.

"No, you are Gendry of House Baratheon, son of Robert, rightful heir to the Stormlands. Do you know the ruler of the Stormlands?" She asked and when he did not reply, asked the people in the room, to which no one replied as well.

"As no one knows the current Lord of the Stormlands, it belongs to you, as a legitimized son of Robert Baratheon."

"Thank you, your grace." Gendry gave the Queen a smile and Davos raised his glass and stood.

"Gendry Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands."

"To Gendry!" Everyone stood and raised their glasses but as Gendry left with a nod of thanks, something very wrong happened. As everyone sat down, Rose still stood, a conflicted, almost painful expression on her face. Something was terribly wrong.

"Jaime." Rose gripped onto his shoulder and he looked to her, even as drunk as he was, he was sober enough to know something was wrong.

"What is it? Rose! What's wrong?" He asked frantically and she just closed her eyes tightly and almost fell down, Jaime catching her as she moaned in agony.

"The baby. Something's wrong." She managed to get out and Jaime looked frantically at Brienne who called out for a Maester. Daenerys and Tyrion came rushing over and the Maester of Winterfell was not far behind.

"She said it was something with the baby. I don't know what's wrong."

"How far along is she?" The Maester had asked Jaime and he had to take a second to wrap his head around his question, did he actually know? Could he recall when it happened in his drunken state?

"Six... seven months, she has to be seven months." Jaime told him with confidence that was slowly wavering.

"We need to get her to a room, now or else there won't be anything for me to do." The Maester told them all and with Jaime and Brienne's help, they hurried Rose to one of the nearest rooms.