Chapter Three.

I woke up the next morning with a new prospective, and a better attitude.I packed up my workout clothes, and the rest of my work stuff, and headed off to work.I parked my truck, and headed in.

"Goodmorning." someone whispered in my ear, and I jumped.

"Goddammit Jon. You scared me" I gasped,  holding my chest to try and slow my heart, that was rapping against my ribcage. 

"Sorry." He apologized,  holding his hands up to show he was innocent, but had a very large grin on his face.

"Good morning yourself." I chuckled. 

"Excited to work out with us later?" he asked, trying to act nonchalant, but you could tell he was excited.

"Yeah. Maybe." I grinned.

"Don't do anything you can't. Kaner might give you some crap, but I don't want you hurting yourself or anything." Jon said.

"Oh trust me. You won't have to worry about me." I said heading towards my office.

"Have a wonderful day" Jon called after me, and I could hear him chuckle as he walked away.

I rolled my eyes and walked into my office.

"Morning Charlie. How's it going?" Max asked, distracted.

"It's good. What's going on?" I asked, setting my stuff down, then walking over to Max's office.

"Well, I have a bit of an issue. Usually I travel with the guys on their away games, but my wife is pregnant, and just got put on bed rest so I don't know what I'm gonna do." Max sighed heavily, putting his head in his hands.

"I mean I can do it. I don't have any kind of responsibility like that. Don't even give it a second thought." I said, hopping up on one of the beds.

"I couldn't ask you to do that." Max said, shaking his head.

"You're not asking. I'm offering." I smiled.

"You have no idea how much that helps me." Max said, his voice full of relief.

"It's no problem. Really. Just tell me what I have to do, and I'm good to go." I said.

"It's really easy actually. Just more inconvenient because of how often you travel. You're really just there just in case. You get to hang out and watch the game pretty much." Max said.

"That sounds awesome. I would love to do that." I said excitedly. This job  was just getting better and better!

We sat around and talked about the job until the players got there.

"Hey beautiful. Ready to put your hands all over me?" Kaner said jumping up on my table.

"Hey Kaner. How's it going today?" I said rolling my eyes, as I began working on his knee.

"Amazing. Excited to work out with me? Things could get a little intense." Kaner said laying with his hands behind his head.

"Sooo thrilled." I said, my words dripping with sarcasm.

I worked with him on some stretches, and stretched him out.

"You're all done. Do those stretches I told you about tonight please." I said doing my paperwork.

"Only for you beautiful" He said with a wink.

"Whatever." I laughed.

"Get done with your work or whatever, then come to the gym. We'll wait for you." He said, hopping down and heading out the door.