Chapter Seventeen.

I couldn't help staring at my ring. My hand wouldn't stop shaking, but I couldn't take my eyes off the ring. It was exactly what I didn't know I wanted. People probably thought I was crazy for saying yes, after all we had only been dating for about a month, but the feeling I had couldn't be explained. It felt right. I wasn't scared or nervous about what would happen, I was excited. I was an extremely responsible person, and would never get myself into something I wasn't ready for. I just hoped I could say the same for Jon.

Everyone that could skate, skated, and everyone else just hung out. There were drinks and food, and everyone had a great time. At about two in the morning it was time for everyone to go home. I could have partied all night, but I knew the boys had a game tomorrow, and they needed to get to bed.

Jon drove us back to our hotel room, and we held hands as we casually made our way up to the room. Once we got to our room, I put on my sleep shirt, which was one of Jon's shirts that I stole, and some of my yoga shorts. I washed my face, and go ready for bed.

I came out of the bathroom, and Jon was already falling asleep. I got under the covers, and laid my head on his chest, and put my arms around him.

"I love you Jonathan." I said, smiling.

"I love you, too Charlie." Jon said not moving an inch.

"Can I ask you something?" I said nervously.

"Anything."

"Can we wait to have sex until we're married?" I asked. I was so nervous to ask him.

"Of course babe. It's completely up to you. I'm not marrying you for sex, I'm marrying you because I love you. The sex will just be an added bonus." He said squeezing my side, a small smile playing at his lips.

I left a kiss on the side of his lips, and a few more on his neck.

The alarm was an unwelcome sound. I didn't even know he had set one, but we really needed to get to Vancouver, and Jon had already missed morning skate. It was optional, but I knew he never liked to miss one, period.

I took a quick shower, and did my hair. I threw on my Blackhawks strength shirt, and some khaki's. I put on my Free Runs, and packed up my bag. My family was going to Vancouver with us for the road game, before heading home. We met them downstairs, and we made our way to the airport. Jon had set up a limo to take my family to the airport, and his dad was picking up the Avalanche from the airport, so I went with my family.

The plane ride to Vancouver was uneventful, because I slept the whole way. I was so exhausted from last night, that there was no way I could stay awake. Once we made it to Vancouver, we said goodbye to Jon. He had to get ready for the game, so we were going out for some dinner.

"I can't believe you're engaged." Liam said, for what seemed to be the millionth time.

"At least it was to someone awesome. I didn't know if that would actually happen with all the crap she used to bring home." Marcus said, winking at me.

"When are you guys going home?" I asked, laughing.

"You know we're happy for you Chuck." Matthew said.

"Your mother would be so proud of you. She would probably kill me for letting you go to Chicago in the first place, but proud of you. And I am so proud of you Charlie." My dad said, crying once again.

All the boys rolled their eyes, and I gave my dad a hug while trying to hold back my tears. The boys were used to my dad being emotional, but he always got me. Everytime.

"So when are you looking to get married?" Shaun asked.

"I don't want to rush into it. Maybe a year or two? I want a fall wedding, but with Jon's schedule I don't see that happening." I laughed.