Chapter Five.

The next few weeks flew by. I had gone on the road with them to a bunch of places. I was really close with Kaner. I was almost always with him. Jon took me to dinner a couple times, and we had hung out a lot at his place. I was getting close with all the guys, and loving my job. I was thankful, however, to get some time to go home and see all my brothers. They were giving me three whole days at home with my family.

"Charlie!" I heard Liam yell as I opened the front door. He came bounding down the stairs and me and attacked me with a huge hug.

"Liam! I missed you!" I squealed, squeezing him as hard as I could.

"Charlie!" I heard my dad come up behind us.

"Daddy!" I said, letting go of Liam and hugging my Dad. My dad was my rock. I was a daddy's girl, especially seeing as though I was the only girl. My brothers always thought I had an advantage because I was the only girl, but I used what I had to get by.

"How is my little Charles doing in the big city?" He asked, tears already welling in his shining eyes. 

"Dad, don't cry." I pouted, trying to keep my own tears back.

"Guys, are you already crying?" Marcus sighed, coming down the stairs.

"Shut up" I wiped away a tear, and laughing.

I said hey to my brothers and we all decided to go out to dinner. Of course we went to have bar food because that's just who we were.

"Charlie is just sitting here living the life. And she's like best friends with Patrick Kane." Liam  bragged about me.

"That could be you Liam. Well playing with them instead of training them. Keep training like I told you to and you'll be the next Kaner." I smiled at him, messing up his hair.

"Look at you with their nicknames." Matthew laughed.

My cute little Matthew. He was the Captain of his high school team. Youngest one ever. And he was the goalie. I was so proud of him and everything he had accomplished.

I was proud of all my boys. Shaun and Marcus had really good jobs, and Liam and Matthew were both on their way to being professional athletes. I would genuinely be surprised if they didn't make it.

"So what's been going on with you and Jon?" Liam asked.

My brothers and dad knew about the little 'thing' I had with Jon. They gossiped like girls too, so it was all I could do to indulge them.

"I guess you could call them dates, but he's taken me to dinner a couple times. We hang out a lot. I just don't want to start anything if we aren't allowed to or if it ends badly or whatever. I know I would be professional, but I just don't want things to be weird." I explained.

"Well just so you know, you're an absolute catch." My dad insisted, rubbing my back.

"Thanks dad" I smiled at him.

"So we have a surprise for you." Shaun said, with a grin.

"You guys didn't have to do anything for me." I rolled my eyes. They were always doing this shit.

"Well deal with it. We rented out the ice. We're gonna play some hockey tomorrow. Sound good?" Liam said.

"Yes! I am so excited. Watching hockey and never playing sucks." I said, with a huge smile on my face.

So the next morning, we got up, got ready and headed to the rink. I wasn't typically a social media type person, but I did occasionally. Once I had gotten dressed. I made Liam take a picture of me and post it to my twitter and instagram.

"Back to my second home, the ice" the caption said.

What most people would be shocked about, is when I play, I play full contact. We kill each other out there. My brother brings all his friends and we make a full game out of it.

By the end of it, I had two goals, and was a little banged up. But I stayed out there a little longer. I got out, and showered up, and headed back home with the boys.

Once we got home, I went up to my room and laid down. It had been awhile since I had played, and I knew I was gonna need a little time to recuperate. I looked through my phone and found a picture that Liam had taken of me just skating around. I posted that to instagram as well, and saw that Kaner had liked my other picture.

I decided I would shoot him a text. I hadn't heard anything from Chicago since I had been home, which had pretty much sucked. I didn't expect a whole lot, but nothing?

            -Hey Kaner. How you doin.

I laid in bed, in quite a lot of pain. One of Liam's friends had gotten me good a couple times, so I tried to get back at him by open ice checking him, and I guess it was coming back to me.

Just as I was drifting off, I felt my phone buzz.

I looked at my screen to see a text from Kaner.

            +Dude you keep getting cooler and cooler. I'm missing my wing woman. Hope you're enjoying your time at home though.

I laughed at his text and texted him back.

            -And you're surprised? I'm hurt! You don't need me though. With those cute little curls, you can get anyone you want.

            +Anyone I want? ;)

            -Ha ha. Well your roommate hasn't texted me so yeah maybe. Hahah

Kaner didn't respond after that one. Which was weird, but I let myself drift off to sleep. I was heading home tomorrow, and I wanted to have some energy when I got back in town so I could maybe see Jon or Kaner.

I woke up the next morning and jumped in the shower. I got out and did my hair, and actually did my make-up good for once. I put on a long sweater, some leggings, and my tall uggs. I packed my things, and a few extra things to take to my apartment, and said goodbye to my family. It was never easy, but I was coming back in a few weeks for a road game, and they were gonna come watch the game with me. Liam drove me to the airport, and we had our final goodbye.

Once I had gotten back to Chicago, I headed home and unpacked my bags and shot Kaner and Jon a text.

            -Back in town. Let me know if you want to do anything.

I laid around my house all day, neither one of them texting me back, and my feelings were starting to get hurt.

I had only left for a couple days, and all the sudden they didn't want to hang out with me anymore? I didn't feel like I was thinking too much into it. I felt like I was being ditched. And that made me angry. And when I was angry, I worked out. Even though I was still really sore, I was gonna do it. I put on my workout clothes, and drove to work.

Once I got in there, I did everything. I ran for an hour as fast as I can, did an extremely intense leg workout, and did a little boxing.

By the time I got home I was dead. Still no texts. I was upset and tired.

Should make for a great day back.

-----------------------

Hey so I know some people read this story. I would love your feedback. Thanks!