Chapter Thirty-Two.

I have stayed up way too late to write this, but once I started I just couldn't stop. I really like where this is going, and I'm glad I didn't wrap it up like I wanted to. This story has really challenged me to push myself as a writer. Even though it's just a fanfic, it means a lot to me.

So I hope you enjoy this, and it puts a smile on your face like it has mine. 

----------------------------------------------

"So I'm really not interested in all the gory details, but did you have fun last night?" Kaner asked.

We were laying in his bed, talking about my not-so-date date. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. 

It was a huge blow to my self esteem for Jon to leave me for some slut, and for someone to want me, especially with my cancer look, meant a lot. I was back to my confident self. 

"Yes. I did. But it's really nothing. We had some fun, but both agreed that we weren't ready for anyone else. Because we were still caught up with our exes." I said, trying to hide the pain from showing through. 

"Have you thought about talking to him again?" Kaner asked. 

"Yeah. I miss him. Like really miss him. But I can't make him change. I can't make him love me." My voice breaking at the end.

"He does love you Charlie." Kaner said pulling me close, and rubbing my back. 

"No he doesn't. And I mean it's fine, and I need to get over it, but I just miss him. The only reason he came back to me is because things weren't working out with Carrie. I was his fiancé and he just left me." I said, a few tears escaping my eyes. 

"I hate to see you cry." Kaner said, wiping away the tears. 

"I know. I'm sorry. Can you get me a glass of water?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Sure." Kaner said, kissing my forehead, and walking out to the kitchen. 

I laid there, stuck in my own thoughts. My good mood from this morning had vanished, and I was stuck with my reality. 

Tears began to fall freely down my face, and this time I let them. 

Movement caught my eye from outside the door, and I looked up to see Jon.

He was watching me cry, and letting it happen. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me shed tears over him, so I rolled over.

"Tazer, seriously, if she wanted to talk to you, she wouldn't be on my bed right now." I heard Kaner, his protective voice, shaking me slightly. 

"I just need...nothing. Forget it." Jon said, before going into his room and slamming the door.