Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Hello. As I was writing this chapter, I realized that I was combining the last two seasons into one. So this is the Championship year in 2013, with the season of 2013-2014. I know it's not a huge deal, because you guys get where I'm coming from, but I just thought I would clarify that for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------[Jonathan]

 It had been about a week since I had talked to her. When it came to us, I was great at fucking things up with us. But the truth was that I was scared to lose her. I had never been more nervous about a person in my entire life. She was smart, beautiful, funny, and everything I wanted in someone I was going to spend my life with. 

And that is why I proposed to her in the first place. For me to treat her the way I did wasn't fair to her, but I figured it would have been easier to lose her sooner rather than later, but it wasn't. Everyday without her has been hell, and all I wanted to do was take back everything I did to her. But it was far too late for that. 

I had tried so many things to get her back, but nothing was working. So I was just trying to be honest with her, because that's all I had left to offer. 

I had been playing harder than I ever had before, and we had made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals. We were going into game six up in the series 3-2, and we could end it tonight. 

The hardest part about the past month, was Charlie sitting in a hospital alone with pneumonia. They had caught it early enough to where she wasn't in that much risk from it, but it still made me nervous. I tried calling her as much as I could, but some days I just couldn't. I didn't know what to say. 

"Is Charlie going to be able to make it to the game tonight?" I heard Bollig ask Kaner, and I listened in because I was just as curious as he was. 

"She said she's almost better, but it'd still probably be a week or so." Kaner said, seeming down. 

He hadn't been the same since Charlie had left, and had to stay. I knew Kaner for a long time and I had never seen him care about someone so much. I understood how, but he took care of her. Especially when I wasn't, or couldn't. 

He talked to her multiple times a day on the phone and I know he was always texting her. Part of our problems were that I envied Kaner, but I knew I could have a similar relationship, even a better one, if I weren't so selfish. Charlie was amazing, but I couldn't just keep her for myself. I had to trust her, and share her with everyone else. 

"Maybe we can go visit her after." Bollig said, patting Kaner on the shoulder. 

Everyone was busy doing their normal routines, but I had too much on my mind to be  laughing or playing cards with anyone. So I just sat there, listening to music, and trying to focus up on the game ahead of me. Bollig was right, if we won, we could take her the cup, and I would finally be able to tell her how I felt. 

I was ready to marry her. At any second I could take her and marry her right that second. I could wait if she wanted, or I could do it on the spot. I wasn't going to live without her, and I was willing to do anything to make sure that wouldn't happen. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------