Chapter Sixteen.

Our room was gorgeous. Living room, balcony, and a huge bedroom. There was a heart shaped hot tub. Classy. 

"This is the nicest place in town. Sorry if it's a little goofy." Jon said, once we were alone.

"It's fine. I'm still not used to all this luxury." I said with a small laugh. "This is perfect. I love it." 

"Well I'll let you settle in. I need to go run an errand, and get ready for dinner. Casual. We're just going to my parents house." Jon said.

He gave me a kiss goodbye, and I plopped down on the bed. I took out my phone, and saw I had a text from Kaner.

   -Yeah he told me. I hope you have fun. I miss the shit out of you already. 

   +Miss you too. I'm meeting his parents. I'm nervous as hell.

   -You're perfect. They will love you. 

   +Yeah right. Well I have to go get ready. I love you and miss you.

   -Love you and miss you kid. Just be yourself. It'll all work out.

I put down my phone, and got in the shower. 

I straightened my hair, and put half of it up. I put my make-up on, and chose a simple outfit. I put on a blackshirt, and some skinny jeans. I chose some flats, and I was ready. 

I sat out on the balcony. It was cold, but I bundled up with a couple jackets. Winnipeg was beautiful. I had never been to Canada. My brothers went for a couple training camps, but I never got to go. 

This is where he grew up. This is the town that made him. I never expected to be here, but here I was getting ready to meet the parents of my boyfriend, Jonathan Toews. I was the luckiest girl alive.

"Hey, you look beautiful." Jon said, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Thanks." I said getting up, and giving him a kiss.

I sat at the edge of the bed while Jon got ready. He changed out of his traveling clothes.

I admired his body. He focused on his health, and that was sexy. His abs, his arms, his chest, and especially his back.

"What are you smiling at." Jon said, with an amused look on his face.

"You. You always talk about how hot, beautiful, sexy I am, but you are perfection." I said with a smile.

"Thank you baby." Jon said, giving me a kiss.

"Baby?" I asked. We hadn't really used pet names, except the night he was drunk.

"Sorry." Jon said, pulling some jeans on.