Chapter Eighteen.

It's playoff hockey so we're all a little busy aren't we? Not the happiest about game two for MANY reasons, but I still believe in my team because until the last game, you keep fighting. Anyways, thank you as always for your support. You have no idea how happy this makes me. 

--------------------------------

Jon and I had been dealing with the Sara thing for a week now. Jon had to officially announce our engagement to the media, which isn't the way we wanted to do it, but Sara forced our hand. 

"I have to go in to talk to my agent and PR." Jon said, coming out of the bathroom, already dressed and ready to leave.

"Why?" I asked, all my attention on texting Liam.

"They wanted to pin down our story." he said. He knew this whole thing was a touchy topic. 

This should have been the happiest time of our lives, and yet I didn't want to leave the house, because I didn't want to be bombarded with questions. 

People liked to think that somehow they knew more about our relationship than we did, and were very judgmental about the fact that we didn't date that long before getting engaged. They gave me a cute little nickname in all of the tabloids.

Golddigger.

"Okay." I said, still focused on my phone. 

"They're also going to see what it will take to get Sara to stop talking." Jon said, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Great." I said.

I didn't want to talk about Sara. And he knew that.

"I love you. I'll be back soon." he said, leaving a kiss to my temple. 

Once I heard the front door close, I went over to Kaner's bed, and laid down beside him. 

"He's going to talk to PR and his agent. They're going to give Sara a bribe and a gag order." I said, no emotion in my voice. 

"I'm sorry. He probably had to have an idea that something like this was going to happen. But once shit like this happens he's straight business mode. And it's hard to get him out of it once he's like that. What can I do for you?" Kaner asked.

"Can we go work out?" I said laying my head on his chest. 

"Ugh. Yeah we can." He sighed.

We both got up, and I went to my room to get ready. I got some yoga capris, and sports bra with one of Kaner's bro tanks. I pinned back some of my hair, and put on my ray bans. 

Kaner drove us to the UC, which probably wasn't the best idea, because that's where Jon was.