The Final Chapter.

My heart was pounding through my chest. It wasn't nerves, no. It was pure excitement. 

My hair was getting back to normal. It wasn't so much cancer hair, as it was like a cute pixie cut. 

I looked down at the dress I had picked out. The day I had gotten it, I had wandered around the shop, not looking for anything in particular, and I found it. It was the last one in my size, and when I put it on, it was perfect. 

I stood in front of the floor length mirror, and I couldn't help but smile. I had been waiting for this day for what felt like forever, and honestly I just couldn't wait any longer. 

"Hey Charlie, you ready?" I heard from behind me. 

I turned to face my brothers. Marcus, Shaun, Liam, Matthew, and Kaner were all staring at me with wide eyes. 

"How do I look?" I asked, shyly. 

"You look absolutely beautiful." Liam said, the only one able to find his voice. 

"If you bastards make me cry." I threatened, trying my hardest to hold back my tears. 

"Come here." Shaun, said holding out his arms, and I wrapped my arms around him. 

Without the people in the room right this second, I couldn't have made it through any of the things I went through in the last year. They showed me completely unconditional love and I honestly could be more thankful for them. 

I moved on to Marcus, who honestly look like he had aged too much in the past couple months, and it hurt me to see. All I could hope was that he learned to be happy, and not take everything as something he has to fix or solve. I squeezed him a little tighter, as if that was going to solve anything. 

Liam was next. He had gotten so big. He was looking more like man every single day. I couldn't have been more proud of him.

Or Matthew. He was so smart, and caring. He had his first girlfriend. He had brought her, and I kind of really liked her. 

"Are you ready kid?" Kaner said, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Might as well be." I laughed. 

We all walked out to the hall and I stood off to the side of the doors. I heard the music playing, and I smiled. 

The door opened, and the guys began to walk in as planned. I waited for the song to change, and stood alone. 

"I miss you daddy." I said quietly to myself, and a tear began to fall. 

I heard the song change, and I could have swore I felt a hand on my back, telling me to move. I smiled, and I knew he was there. My dad.

I took a deep breath and began to walk. And there he stood. I was used to seeing him in suits, but this was different. Special. 

I didn't even notice that tears began cascading down my face, because it was finally happening. 

It was quick how I wanted it to be. And I could take the smile off my face. 

Mrs. Jonathan Toews.

Mrs. Charlie Toews. 

Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Toews. 

They all sounded perfect. 

There weren't too many people there, which was perfect. Obviously the whole team, and Jon's family. And Zach. 

"Don't you dare try to seduce me Mrs. Toews. I'm against being the other man." Zach said hugging me.

"Shut up." I said rolling my eyes. "You look nice."