Try It

A/N- every once in a while I may change the pov... But that will probably rarely happen and just stay on Nagisa's pov through most of the story... Just so you guys know...

---------

"Do you want some, Nagisa?" Akari had asked.

I recoiled and scrunched my face, this was embarrassing on a whole other level. We were both in a small Café eating, of course, her favorite food: pudding.

She pouted. "Hey! At least be nice on the first date. Now open up." she commanded with an angry smile.

I looked away and opened my mouth. She took it as a note that I wasn't loving it, but she didn't care. She shoved the spoon in my mouth.

"How does it taste?" she asked.

I swallowed the vanilla pudding. "Good."

She frowned. "I guess you really can't appreciate good things." she sighed and leaned back on the chair. "Oh well, let's keep going, I wanna meet your parents."

My eyes went wide open. "Parents? Really? Don't you think we should save that for an other day? Let's say maybe not one date in?" I said nervously.

She looked at me curiously. "No. But it sounds like you don't want me to meet them." she sighed and gave me puppy dog eyes. "What's so bad about them? Or is it me?"

That question was a bad and annoying one to ask.

I stood up from my seat. She had no right to ask me about that. "Don't worry about it, besides it's not your place to ask."

I left the cafe before Yukimura could protest. She had no right to know about my personal life.

As soon as I reached my house, I began to think of turning around. What was behind that door was way worse then having to date Akari. I took a deep breath and twisted the door knob. It didn't open.

Was it that she was out of the house for now. Today was just my lucky day, wasn't it?

I took out my house key and opened the door. But as soon as I took a step in, I was attacked from behind.

"Trying to get away from me like that? You must be crazy, Nagisa." A certain small girl smiled. I'd say I'm surprised but not at this point.

I groaned and pushed her off of me. "Jeez, you almost gave me a heart attack. Next time, don't tantean up on me like that." I stood up, scolding Yukimura.

"So you admit that there will be a next time, gotcha." she lifted herself up. "Anyway, can I stay here for a while?"

I gave her a look. "What for?"

Akari scoffed. "Because it seems that you're all alone right now~" she wiggled her eyebrows.

It took me exactly 1 second to realize what she meant. "No, don't imply things like that." I told her sternly.

She giggled. "You can't control what I think, and I was just joking around, you know."

I rolled my eyes, she was super weird. Guess that's an upside of dating her, she'll never bore me.

"So, Nagisa, what were you planning to do?" she asked.

"Hmm. Let me think... nothing at all." I said obviously.

"Nothing at all? Okay then, I am sure glad I came over here." she sighed. "But I'm still hungry, do you have anything to eat?"

"Really? We just ate."

"Yeah, but that was pudding not super filling. Now do me a favor and make me something to eat." she pointed at the kitchen entry. "Please?"

"No. And why do you assume I can cook?"

"Because we're in the same home ec class, silly." she patted my cheek. "Now food."

I sighed in defeat, Yukimura really is something else. She was really starting to get on my nerves. "Fine."

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. To my surprise, it wasn't as empty as my stomach was. I took out eggs and some bacon, which was very little.

"Huh? How come your fridge is so empty?" Akari sat down at the table, resting her arms.

I took out a frying pan and turned on the stove. "Stop being nosy, I am making you food after all."

She frowned and looked down at the table. She didn't speak another word during the time I was cooking, but when I set the food in front of her, she was yapping again.

"It looks good! But honeslty, I knew it would look this good! You should tea-"

I cut her off. "Shh!" I looked around warily. "Eat as quickly as possible. Now." I demanded.

She nodded and began to eat. In the meantime, I went over to the window. I lifted the curtain slightly. Outside was her.

I pushed Akari up the stairs right after I cleaned up the disgusting kitchen I made. Opening my door I told her to hide.

"Where am I supposed to hide though?" she asked looking around in the little square I called my room.

"Under the bed. In the closet. I don't know. You're pretty small so I'm sure it'll be easy for you to fit in anywhere." I opened the door. But before I left, I had to tell her something. "Akari, if you hear anything downstairs or a voice that isn't mine. Don't open this door or make a sound, okay?"

"You got it." she said from under the bed.

And with those words I left downstairs. And just in time, the door opened, revealing Her.

"Why, Hello, Nagisa." She smiled rather wickedly.

I took a deep breathe and swallowed, putting on a brave face.

What bravery?

She was a monster. The one who took my strength.

What strength?

She was cold and Her ice was unbreakable. She made me who I am today.

What type of thing?

She was the reason I couldn't form a normal relationship with anyone else.

What relationships?

But then again, she was the Ice Queen. Unbreakable ice she had.

It's hard to believe that She was the one who brought me into this despicable world.

A/N- wow, got dark there didn't I?

-
Edited on May 16, 2021
Original from May 28, 2017