Lazy Day

I'm just gonna take a moment to acknowledge how this is the second time my first chapter of a book reached 1k... I should check my other books cause I haven't in like forever.

---

---

Quiet. No one was talking. It was quiet. The sky was covered in gray clouds as the snow covered the streets.

There on the couch, one on each end of it, sat the the two. Nagisa was reading a book to himself as Akari sat thinking with her ear buds in.

She laid her head back and closed her eyes. She then began to think about her relationship, and how it had started.

Akari remembered that she had kinda bribed him into the relationship. Which made her wonder, did he mean anything at all?

It made her rack a brain for an excuse like 'he could never', but it would make sense if he came right out and confessed to it.

"Nagisa." Akari said

"Mmm...?" He flipped the page of his book.

She felt herself choke up. "Why did you say yes to me, when I asked you out and all?"

Nagisa looked up from the pages and fixed his gaze on her. "To be completely honest, I only did it to be left alone by other people." He paused. "But now it's different."

Nagisa smiled softly, leaving Akari a little sad but happy. She just wanted to hear three words from him actually.

"Different how?"

"Different as in feelings." He went back to the book. "There."

She wanted to hear those words so she kept pushing it. "What kind of feelings." She went over to him and laid her head on his shoulder."Tell me or I won't leave you alone."

He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed and embarrassed. "Just tell me what you want me to say."

"Can't you figure it out?" She huffed. "I want you to say 3 special words."

"There are a lot of 3 special words. You'll have to be more specific." Now he was enjoying himself.

"Oh you know the words, Nagisa."

"I do not. Why don't you just give me the answer?"

Akari was growing a little irritated so she was ready to give up.

"I love you." He said. "Those are the 3 right?"

A smiled crept on here face slowly as she hugged him.

"Perfect."

---

"Snow plow is coming, yay." Nagisa said scrolling through the local news.

"It is?" Akari asks as she lifts her gaze from the screen.

"Yup." He smiled. "Are you happy, Akari?"

She paused for a minute. "If you are I am too." She smiled.

---

Finally the snow was plowed. It was clear enough to make it home. So Akari readied herself to leave.

"Well, it's been an... interesting time together." Akari put her shoes on.

"Right."

The couple glanced at each other for a second before she opened the door.

"Wait, Akari!" Nagisa said. "I gotta give you something."

He quickly grabbed his scarf and placed it around her neck.

"Thanks." Akari said as Nagisa put on a hoodie. "Uh, what are you doing?"

"Um, well, I thought maybe I'd take you half way. You know, until I make sure you can't leave my scarf on a snowman like yours."

"So you don't trust me with a scarf..." She watched him put his shoes on. "Okay then."

The two left the house. Akari was completely warm and fine, but Nagisa was more of less colder.

"At least it's not winter." He mumbled.

---

"Make sure to not give that to any snowmen, you hear me?" Nagisa said as he was about to head back.

"Well now I'm getting annoyed with you saying that so I just might." She smiled.

.

.

.

"You better not!"