Possibly

" He-hey, mom." I said with a nervous smile. " Welcome home."

She glared, but it didn't last long. Soon she smiled darkly. " Thank you. Every good girl should greet their mothers formally." she walked past and patted my head.

Shit. She's calling me a girl. This can't end well.

" So, Nagisa," she set down her purse on the end table next to the wine cups. " How was your day?"

" Well, what else is there to s-"

She slammed her fist on the table, making the glasses jump up. " I asked a question and I want a good answer." she smiled.

I was stunned. " The day went fast for me. My classmates and I started working on the school festival and it's so far going well."

" Well isn't that interesting." she poured herself a glass of wine.

A moment of silence. Nothing could be heard in the room but Her occasional sips.

" Nagisa," she filled the silence. " I'm tired from work and would like to relax a little. Would you mind going to your room?"

I nodded and walked on up.

I took a deep breathe and composed myself before I entered the room. Shutting the door I went and peeked under the bed.

" False alarm, you can come up from under there."

" Finally." she crawled out.

When I looked at her, I noticed something. Her hair was messed up. This caught my attention.

" Hey, Akari," I reached out my hand to her hair. " Your hair is messy."

" Oh is it?" she blushed lightly.

I took away my hand and went over to my dresser. There laid a brush.

" Let me fix it for you." set her down to win at my desk.

I brushed her hair lightly, making sure there was no tangles.

Soon I got lost in the moment. It was peaceful. Quiet and nice.

I could tell she was enjoying it. She didn't utter a word, but instead sat still in the chair. But she could also be lost in moment.

" There." I stroked her hair with the brush one last time.

" Thanks." she smiled softly with a light blush on her cheeks. " But, Nagisa, I have a question."

" What is it?"

" Can I play with your hair?" she looked up at me above her.

" Uh..." I blushed and looked away. " If you really want t-"

" Sit down on the chair." she jumped up.

I complied and switched places with her.

The small girl pulled out the hair ties. She set them down on the desk and picked up my brush.

Lightly, just like I did to her, she brushed my hair. It was... Relaxing.

I've always hated my hair, but I guess she made me enjoy it a little bit mor-

Wait! What am I thinking?! I couldn't possibly be... Falling for her?