Decorations

Nagisa lay on the couch as he watched Akari leave to go to the attic, since she wanted the decorations. He sighed, tirdly, and closed his eyes.

Why is she so goddammit energetic? It's exhausting trying to keep up with her.

Suddenly, a yelp was heard from Above. He opened his eyes, knowing that it was obviously from Akari since she was the only other person in the house.

Maybe I should help her...

Nagisa thought thoroughly. Remembering what's up there.

He closed his eyes again, trying to sleep a little.

I don't like spiders.

---

"Nagisa!" Akari shouted.

He grunted and opened an eye, still half asleep.

"I got the stuff." she paused. "Like an hour ago."

Nagisa yawned. "And?"

Akari sat him up straight and gave him a slap, just to wake him up.

"Hey!" he helded his check.

Akari smiled. "Start paying attention to me and I won't slap you."

Nagisa rolled his eyes as she turned around. Glad she didn't see.

"So what time is it?" Nagisa asked after a few minutes of Akari trying to figure out how to untangle the tinsel.

"Um... I think around 5." she said with a frustrated look. "Little help?"

Nagisa stood up and took the tinsel, untangling it quickly. He handed it back to her.

She took it back from him, clearly unhappy that he outdid her on one of her favorite things of this time of year.

The rest of the time was spent in silence. But the couple didn't mind the quietness.

"Hey, Nagisa," Akari held a glass figure of an angel. "What's your relationship with your mother?"

Nagisa stopped mid-way of untangling the lights. "I don't know. Strict, I'd say."

Akari hummed. "How so?"

Nagisa bit his lip. "Why do you wanna know?" he said, obviously ticked.

"Because, I'm your girlfriend." Akari scrunched her eyebrows.

Nagisa thought. Trying to figure out how to not reveal the abusive relationship between Hiromi and himself.

"It's a touchy subject." Nagisa said. "So shut up."

Akari ignored the last part. "How is it a touchy subject?" she smiled slyly. "Did she never pack you a lunch or something~" she mocked.

Nagisa rolled his eyes, and didn't respond to her. Which made Akari worry. Was he actually serious?

Is it something deep? She thought.

"Nagisa," Akari said warily. "That was just a joke, you know." she smiled, half sure of what she was doing. "Can you tell me?"

Nagisa had a blank expression as he encountered small, quick, flashbacks. At the end of them, he sat paralyzed, but then, -crush- the glass crunched under his grip.

But it didn't really bother him as he looked at the small cuts and the blood.

"Let's leave that for an other day."

---

"You're a careless guy." Akari wrapped the small cuts with white bandages. "More like a no pain guy."

Nagisa looked at the glass on the carpet. "Sorry." he looked at Akari. "We won't be able to use the lights. Well at least that set."

"Yeah, we have an extra, Nagisa." the brunette smiled with a sigh. "But let's clean that up first."

"Right."