Chapter seven

The next morning when I woke up, I felt peaceful and happy. As if a single kiss of him was enough to erase all the pain. I wondered if that kiss meant we were together now since for most of the boys that I know in this generation a kiss doesn't mean anything. I decided to text him "Hey" in the hope of clarifying things. About fifteen minutes later, he still hadn't texted me back. As I had nothing to do today, I stayed in my bed for much of my day watching some movies on my computer. The day passed quickly between my parents who went to church, Malik who was out, Jamal who had a date with Estephania and Lens who was at work.  In the evening, Darell called me. Since he was on his break we didn't talk that long. He took some news and I did the same. We didn't go deeper into our conversation. I still didn't know what I was for him and I didn't ask him so as not to rush things. After our talk, I did some homework and went to sleep.

The next days at school, Darell and I spend a lot more time with each other which caught people's eyes especially Cassius ones. Some girls came to ask if I was with him, I didn't give them an answer. They seemed jealous. I began to realize that he had attracted the attention of many. The only people I explain the situation with Darell was the girls, but I didn't give them too much information.

When the weekend came, Darell invited me out. It was going to be our first real date. I dressed and put on makeup. I was wearing navy skinny high-waisted jeans, a black long-sleeved bodysuit and high-heeled velvet-gray boots up to mid-thigh. I left my 20-inch hair extensions that I just made loose and did my edges.  I was ready at 11: 55 am. Darell came to pick me at 12:15. When he texted me that he was in front of my lobby, I took my purse and went to join him. As soon as I got in his car, he looked at me from top to bottom. I was embarrassed so I said to him innocently by pulling my hair back from my ears "What?" with a big smile on my face.

"You look good," He replied

"Thanks," I told him smiling. He was also looking good with his classic urban style. What caught my attention was his unbuttoned blouse over his classic coat that let me see his gold necklace with a pendant of Ghana.  I added, "You do look good too but where are we going?"

"You're welcome and you will see." He started driving and added "You don't look like a woman who likes surprises. Am I wrong?"  answered. 

"No you're right, but I guess I have no choice to wait" I replied with energy.

"Indeed you don't!" We both laughed.

The second after we headed downtown.  20 minutes later, we came in front of the CN tower. He parked and we got off. He took me to 360 Restaurant who's inside the CN Tower. I went there twice with my family since it's expensive. I've always thought that the view we have of our city makes it one of the best restaurant in Toronto. When we came in, a waiter settled us at our table. We were next to the windows. After a few minutes to look at the menu we ordered. We had a great time together. I felt comfortable with him. After eating, we decided to walk a little. On our way, we heard a guy who was on the other side of the street called out "Darell!"

Darell looks across the street and then he called out "Raheem!" He seemed really happy to see that guy. The guy crossed the street and came to us. He was brown skin, tall like Darell, in shape and had tattoos all over his arms. They did a bro handshake and hugged.

"What's up, brah? It's been an eternity! I almost thought I saw a ghost." The guy said.

"Leave that shit man! Talking about ghosts but I'm ayt though! Nothing new except what you already know. How about you, What's up?"  " Darell replied

"Nothing much, still these same dramas with my baby's mama but you know a nigga needs to do what he got to do for his daughter man. I'm just trying to be present black fadda but you know her like me she hates me." He said then he faced me and said "I'm sorry for my rudeness, who's this lovely lady with you?"