Chapter eight

We came to Albion Hills at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. We got off the bus to pick our bags in the trunk. The weather warmed a bit, but it was still cold. After taking our stuff, they separated us into 4 groups. I was in group 2 with Kaneasha, Estephania, Soukvilay, Dorcas, Darell, Hakim, Jamal, Marco, Malik, Quincy and his girlfriend. There were also other students from other universities in our group and luckily for me Cassius wasn't in. After assigning the groups, we headed with Kanawashi, our guide for the stay, to a wooded lot that would take us to our campsite in the middle of the Albion Hills forest.

12 minutes of walks later, we finally came. As soon as Kanawashi showed each sub-group where to stand to pitch our tents; he showed us how to build a tent before night falls. Right after his explanation, Darell opened one of his bags that contained the tent he bought. 15 minutes later, everyone finished installing. Then he separated again the group into subgroups to fetch firewood for a campfire that we will have later. I went to get some woods with the girls.

"Dahila, how you're feeling about tonight? I think it'll be the first time you sleep with a guy?" Dorcas said picking up a tree branch

"I'm stressing a bit. I don't know if it's a good idea. I don't want to rush things with him" I said while picking up a tree branch as well.

"Chula, don't you think it's time to lose your virginity? You're 19! With such a handsome guy, I will not hesitate. All girls would like to be you. Don't you see how they look at him?" Estephania said.

"Really girl? You're pushing her to have sex with a guy she barely knows and just started dating with? Just because Darell is hella fine doesn't mean she has to low her standards and worth. Plus, I remind you that you're with her brother, pay attention to what you say." Kaneasha replied shocked by her lack of tact.

"I know I'm with Jamal," She rolled her eyes and added, "I don't encourage her to do it tonight, but at least before she turns 20!"

Soukvilay who was about to pick a branch got up, faced Estephania and told her upset "You talk shit! It's not because you lost it to I don't know what age that she's not normal to be a virgin at 19. There are people for who sex mean something and don't want to do it with the first comer!"

Estephania got upset "And it's not important to me maybe? I do it with anyone that's what you're trying to tell me? You speak, but you, how old were you when you lost it in the back of your parents who take you for a saint!"

"Girls stop! I'm sick of you all! First, my brothers, then you!" I yelled "All this conversation it's useless! The day I would feel ready to do it with him it only concerns him and me! And if he wants to leave me because all the girls want to sit on his dick then he's not the one for me!" I said upset.

"You're right, I'm sorry," Estephania said feeling bad.

"Me too," Soukvilay said.

"We are all sorry," added Kaneasha. I saw Dorcas nodding to approve Kaneasha's words. There was suddenly a deep silence and tension within the group particularly between Soukvilay and Estephania that we could feel. After a few minutes of silence Kaneasha said to Dorcas, probably to change the mood, "And you, Dorcas, are you going to sleep with Hakim tonight? So you'll be able to realize your lie from the other day. You know I've always been told that we have to realize our dreams" we laughed despite the tension between us.

"Yeah go ahead, make fun of me! And for your info, no I sleep with Lingling tonight! Girls solidarity!" she replied.

Right after our collect, we went back to the campsite. Upon our return, Kanawashi told us that before the campfires we have free time to do whatever we want and explore. He especially wanted us to try to learn to know each other and not just stay with the people from our university. I saw Malik surrounded by a troop of people, especially girls from other universities. They devoured him with their eyes. Hakim and Jamal were also surrounded by girls and Estephania wasn't happy at all.