Chapter Forty-three

These words resounded in my ears like a violent slap on the face. I said to him with a broken heart, "Then I don't think I need this anymore."  I then reluctantly took off the necklace he had given me for Christmas 3 years ago. I had never taken it off until today because it represented all the love I felt for him and my loyalty towards him. However, today, our relationship no longer existed and therefore, there was no reason to keep it.

After removing the necklace, I put it back in his hands and added with difficulty and tears in my eyes, "I wish you with all my heart to be happy Darell. You sincerely deserve it. You are a good man and I thank God for placing you in my life. Your love has given me the strength to get through things that I thought were impossible to overcome. Don't ever change anything and keep influencing the people around you."

"Thanks," He says coldly. I wish he would have told me something else like I'm a good person too. That I had made him happy, but he didn't and I understood at that moment that I had done exactly the same thing to him as Salmiya

After that, we both looked at each other without saying anything for several seconds. The more I looked at him, the more it destroyed me. So I looked away from him and started to walk towards my car. I really wanted him to stop me in my steps or hold me back and say: "Don't go away" or "I love you" or "I choose you". Except that none of this happened. He let me go without saying anything. So, I left . I had tried everything and I knew there was nothing left to do but close this chapter of my life and move on to the next. All the way to my car I was crying. My vision was blurry and my heart was broken. As soon as I got in my car, I stopped being strong and burst into tears. When I finished crying after awhile and was about to start my car, it suddenly started to rain with very intense rain. This kind of rain was temporary, but I didn't have time to wait for it to stop. It was already late and I knew that my parents must be wondering where I was. I started the car. My thoughts were elsewhere. After about forty minutes I arrived home. When I arrived home, it was 11:15 pm. I went up to my room and settled into my blankets without bothering to change. Then I tried to get some sleep. Except that it was extremely difficult. My heart was so heavy and so empty at the same time. I didn't have any strength, I didn't know what to think and I didn't feel anything anymore. My inner pain was so deep. After more than an hour, I finally managed to fall asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining brightly in my room. However, this beautiful sunny day saddened me more than anything else, because today, the man I love is going to marry another woman and I will lose him forever. This thought brought me down in every sense of the word. Then I started to cry at the foot of my bed. After a while sitting on the floor crying, I felt like praying. I asked God to guide him in each of his decisions and moments of his life so that he would never get lost in the path he should take and I also asked God to heal my broken heart.

This prayer made me feel good and after that, in order not to brood all the rest of the day, I decided to make myself happy by giving myself some time. As it was Saturday and I was not working, I was able to do it. I started, therefore, by cleaning my room then my face. Then I applied my clay face mask. Then I waxed my legs. After all that, I took a long morning shower and washed my hair. For a very rare time, I left my hair natural because my wash and go was successful. After the shower, I brushed my teeth, got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen to make myself breakfast.

When I got to the kitchen, I saw my mother and father and greeted them. They had made breakfast as I loved. There were croissants, avocados, an omelet, milk and other things on the table. I ate with them. At one point, I asked them where Malik was since I had not seen him yet. Even though it was 11:30 am, I wondered if he was still asleep, because Malik has always tended to wake up around noon. My parents told me that he had gone out very early this morning to visit apartments with Britanny. After that, I kept talking with them while eating.