Something I Need

WARNING! VERY CHEESY AND MAY IS A BIT OOC SORRY! THIS SONG IS BRIEFLY INSPIRED BY SOMETHING I NEED BY ONEREPUBLIC. IT IS A GREAT SONG THAT YOU SHOULD CHRCK OUT.

Man this girl was killing me!

"Drew please! Don't be stubborn, for once, instead of training come to the fair with me! Please! You deserve a break!" May was tugging at my arm trying to drag me, but she wasn't strong enough.

"May, you just got your fifth ribbon quite close to the deadline, if anything you should be training," I said matter of factly.

"Right you said me, but you didn't say you," May smirked grabbing my hand and giving a hard tug unbalancing me then dragging me away.

"Wait, what? MAAAAAYYYY!!!!!"

-*...*-

That girl took me on so many rides my head was spinning and I don't think I was thinking straight. She took me on one last ride, the Ferris Wheel. We had come here at noon and now the sun was setting, so I was guessing it was about seven ish.

May was clawing at the bars looking out at the fair. She had that awestruck look plastered on her face. I sighed.

"Drew! Why are you upset?" She asked. Just then, her stomach grumbled, switching her short attention span to focus on her hunger.

"Drew can-?" I interrupted her.

"I'll get you something to eat after the rides done ok?" I said. She nodded, her cheeks a bit pink. Man this girl would be the death of me!

"Where do you want to go?" I asked. She opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off,

"Wait, let me guess, that place where you get ramen, um, Pasta Garden?" I guessed. (idk if this is a real place or not I just randomly thought of it so don't be mad bruh) Her mouth shut immediately. She quickly nodded. Suddenly I realized with a jolt, that the Farris Wheel had come to a stop and our gate was open. I hopped out first and lent May my hand to assist her in getting out. We were walking towards the exit way but May had not let go of my hand. I heard some girls in line, cooing and awing at us. I think one even said,

"I wish I had a boyfriend as cute as him, too bad he's taken," I almost choked on air.

"To Pasta Garden!" She exclaimed as we left the exit way.

"Uh May?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She replied, turning around, gazing right into my eyes with her curious blue ones. I would be a liar if I said she didn't have gorgeous eyes. Her smile was almost to her eyes, showing off her adorable dimp- wait what? Stop STOp STOP! She's an airhead don't forget! She has no idea!

"Look down," I said simply. She did so. Her face turned bright pink and her grip on my hand was released.

"I'm so sorry Drew! I didn't even know that I was doing it!" She apologized.

"It's fine, but people were starting to get the wrong idea, and if people where to get the wrong idea, my fangirls would be hounding you, and your fanboys would be hounding me," I said.

"I'm so sorry Drew! God I'm an idiot," she apologized again.

"I'm serious, it's alright," I said. She perked up.

"Let's go get some ramen!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hand, again, and dragging me down the side walk.

"May! My hand!" I exclaimed.

"Suck it up! RAMEN!" She exclaimed. This girl has an obsession, I just wish, that maybe she could just have the slightest obsession with me. I'm afraid I can't deny I might feel something for that dense, airhead, blonde-brunette. It's not like she would actually feel the same, in fact I doubt she knows what love even is. Finally, after like 5 minutes of running, well, being dragged in my case, we made it to Pasta Garden. May ordered two huge bowls of ramen noodles and I order a small bowl of chicken noodle soup. Naturally, though not really, she finished before me. Once we were all finished, the waiter came by with the bill.

"I'll pay!" May exclaimed.

"It's ok, I got it," I said.

"You don't need to be a gentleman all the time Drew," May argued.

"Um yes, I kind of do!" I responded, but it was too late, May already handed the waitress a 50, telling her to keep the extra as a tip.

"It's ok Drew, you payed for it anyway," May said.

"Wait, I did?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, I took it from your wallet so technically you payed," She smiled sweetly.

"REALLY MAY!"

-*...*-

We sat together on the edge of the pier, watching the waves collide with the shore. She leaned her head against my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her, not caring anymore, no one would know it was us anyway.

"Drew, don't laugh, please, I, I, I really like you, a lot, more than a friend. I know you probably didn't expect little ol me to understand love, but it's one of the very few things I'm good at, and I really really like you, maybe I could go as far as to say I love you, but I know you won't return my feelings, it was silly, now our friendship is ruin, I'm sorry Drew please-" I stopped her ranting by pressing my lips gently against hers. I could feel her stiffen at first, before loosening up and wrapping her arms around my neck. I snuck my arms around her side facing away from me, and pulled her closer. I then softly broke away from her.

"Don't be dumb, if anything, I'm dumb, I didn't think you would know anything about love, and it seemed like I had hopeless feelings for you," I confessed.

"So does that mean you're my boyfriend now?" She asked.

"May Maple, will you go out with me?" I asked.

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

"Then yeah, I am your boyfriend,"

"Shut up smart allic," She said. I pulled her closer...

Another one done! Can't say this is my best work, it's really not, hope you at least found some cure too your boredom. It was pretty fun to actually write though so, sorry! Hope you guys have a good summer for those who just got out! Including me! Have fun!

Keep Reading Keep Smiling!

Krissy.

word count: 1,045