Soulmates

May adored her soul mark. It was a small, elegant, and beautiful red rose on the inside of her wrist. Anyone who had ever seen it had been completely entranced by it. Her friends were all a little jealous of her soul mark, of course still happy with theirs.

Soul marks appeared on one's tenth birthday as a small tattoo on the dominant wrist. The mark would be a hint to something that would be significant about the relationship. At night, May dreamed about what her soulmate could be like. She dreamed that he would be just as poised and elegant as the rose on her wrist. Would he love all flowers as much as she did? She hoped so.

As a young woman of 23 years old, she still had so much life ahead of her, her dream of having a cute house with a large flower garden was way off in the distance. Right now she had to make do with the small window garden she had in her tiny 1 bed 1 bath apartment.

She had bought another window planter last week to attach to the bottom of the window sill for more planting space but she hadn't had the time to go looking for flowers to plant. She used to buy all of her plants from the sweet old Mr. Harris, but he went into retirement recently and closed up his shop. May was left to her own devices to try and find another flower shop to buy from.

She was beginning to lose hope after traveling through the busy Slateport market place whenever a small yet bright and colorful stand caught her eye. A small little sign that said flowers on it stood on the counter of the stand. May sighed in relief before walking towards it. However, her victory was short lived when it looked like no one was working the stand. She was about to turn around when a man popped up from behind the counter.

And what a man he was. May was immediately drawn to him. He had lush green hair and striking green eyes to match. He had his white long sleeves pushed up to his elbows, showing off the lean muscles in his forearms. His hands were dirty with soil. He was wearing a previously white apron that had been turned into a tan color from use. He was about a head taller than her. May could barely breathe.

"Can I help you miss?" He asked politely. May shivered at the smoothness of his voice. She could listen to him all day.

"Um yes actually, I have a small window garden in my apartment and I just set up another planter so I'm looking for some smaller flowers to plant. Preferably some daisies and pink petunias.

"I see. Not that it's my place, but if you're going with daisies, I would recommend daffodils to complement them," the man suggested. Of course! Why didn't she think of that.

"You're right, the yellow would really brighten the place up, thank you for your suggestion," May said gratefully. The man nodded and smiled.

"Well you're in luck today, I have some seed packets for daisies and daffodils," he said before reaching below the counter to pull up a handful of packets.

"Thank you, I think one of each will do perfectly fine," May smiled. "How much?" She asked.

"That'll be 3.15$ total," he said. May reached into her purse and pulled out her wallet. She grabbed a 5$ bill and reached her hand out to give it to him. He looked down at her arm and a surprised look came over his face, he shook it off so quickly that she barely even noticed. He took the bill and gave her the proper change back, his gaze focused on her wrist.

"Oh, my soul mark," she laughed, realizing he was looking at it. "People seem to really like it," She said quietly.

"Roses are my favorite flower," the man admitted.

"Really? Mine too!" May beamed, happy she had something in common with the hunk of a florist. Suddenly his disappeared under the counter and pulled out a pot with a small rose bush growing inside. It was very well pruned and obviously well taken care of.

"That's beautiful!" May complimented.

"Thank you. I've been trying to keep it perfect for whenever someone comes around to buy it. I was planting another one when you came up," he said.

"Oh," May said, very intrigued.

"I have roses to thank for a lot of things, without them I wouldn't have discovered that I loved flowers and I wanted to have my own flower shop. Without them, I wouldn't know who my soulmate was either," he smiled as he pulled out a towel from the shelf behind the counter and began to wipe his hands off.

May felt shocked to know he had already found his someone. Of course she was too hopeful that someone like him would be her soulmate. He was perfect though. He loved flowers, and she had imagined him in her future image of her small house with a garden. The two of them would build a garden together. But that dream was shattered right then and there. She grabbed the seeds off the counter and put them into her purse. She was about to say goodbye and leave, but he set the towel down on the counter, his hands much cleaner.

"Let me see your hand," he said all of the sudden. May was flabbergasted, but she did as he asked. He let out a laugh.

"No, your other one," he smiled. May retracted her arm, embarrassed, and with a red face, she extended her arm with the rose soul mark on her wrist. To her surprise, he set his mostly clean arm down right next to hers. She got a look at his soul mark. A small, elegant, beautiful red rose. Their soul marks matched exactly. May felt her cheeks heat up into another blush.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Drew," He said with a sudden smirk on his face.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm May," she smiled, feeling like there was something devilish about this man from the smirk he displayed. He may have been very chivalrous as a florist, but his smirk suggested a more teasing side of his personality May couldn't wait to know.

"Would you want to get coffee some time?" He asked her.

"Definitely," May responded a bit shyly.

"Alright, sounds good, can I get your number? I can text you so we can work it out," he said confidently.

"Right, of course," May said before pulling out her phone. The two exchanged numbers, and though she really didn't want to, she had to leave the stand.

"It was nice to meet you Drew," she said with a smile on her face.

"The pleasure is all mine," he said with a smirk. May gave a small wave before heading on her way, her heart pounding and her face red. Sure he was very handsome when he smiled, but he was irresistible whenever he smirked. She could feel herself melting. She couldn't wait to get to know him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

This turned out to be so much better than I thought it was going to. I think it's pretty cute. Sorry if Drew was a little out of character but I tried to show him getting more comfortable by the end once he knew she was his soulmate. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this because I've been wanting to write one of these for a long time.

YouDontKnowShipping