Not Too Bad

"Beautifly! Use string shot! Now use silver wind!" May exclaimed. Beautifly obliged in sync with her command and started spinning herself into a string shot cocoon. On May's words, she used silver wind to break through sending the strings flying like sparkles with silver winds coming from all directions because of Beautifly's spinning.

"Now Beautifly! Give me a struggle bug!" May said. Beautifly sent a shock wave of green, blowing all the string and the silver wind in all directions, with the green chasing after it. To finish it off, Beautifly came twirling down on to May's head.

"That was perfect Beautifly!" May exclaimed.

"Beautifly!" She sang happily.

"With that appeal, we'll make it through the first round no problem!" May said ecstatically. Suddenly they heard a Pokemon cry from up above. They were in a clearing in the forest, so when they looked up, the could see the Pokemon dancing in a circle above.

"Masquerain!" The pale blue bodied Pokemon called from the sky.

"Beau, Beautifly!" Beautifly called up to it.

"Mas!" Masquerain responded.

"Masquerain! I can hear you! Why did you disappear in the middle of practice like that!" Came a voice from a ways back in the brush.

"Masquerain!!" Masquerain cried back to his owner.

"What!?" The voice came again, louder than the previous time.

"Beau Beau," Beautifly called before flying up to see Masquerain.

"Wait! Beautifly? What are you doing!" May exclaimed right as a boy stumbled through the brush. A boy she recognized all too well. Her stuck up rival, Drew Hayden, aka, Grasshead.

"The only time Masquerain gets this worked up is when Beautifly's around, so naturally her ditz trainer is expected to be near," Drew said, without a formal acknowledgment, but with a flip of his green bangs.

"You trying to tell me something Hayden?" May threatened.

"Nothing you don't already know, but refuse to admit," Drew said smugly.

"Aw! Look! They're dancing!" May cooed. Drew looked up and saw that they were in fact, dancing. They were twirling around each other and crying happily at the other.

"Hmph, guess they are," Drew huffed.

"Hey!" May said turning to Drew. "Do you want to walk back into town with me?" May asked. Inside she hoped desperately he would say yes, but she had no idea why she wanted that so badly. He was her jerk rival after all.

"Whatever, I got nothing better to do," Drew said, flipping his hair arrogantly. The walk back to town was no more than 10 minutes, but it barely felt like any time had passed at all, mainly because of the whole way there, May and Drew were arguing as usual.

Meanwhile behind them, Beautifly and Masquerain trailed closely. To each other and their respective coordinators. They walked past an old man in a fortune teller booth painted in a deep rich purple. The man sighed.

"Ah young love," he said as they passed by, May and Drew still bickering. At this they both turned to the man and shouted the same thing.

"We're not a couple!" The old man chuckled.

"Your partners there tell me otherwise," he said. May's face was as red as her bandanna, while Drew was facing away from her with a slight dust of a blush on his face.

"I don't understand what you mean!" May said quickly, fanning herself with her hand.

"Pokémon tend to become like their trainers over time," The old man said. At that, Drew coughed, his blush getting darker, making him look like a human strawberry.

"Well, thank you I guess, we'll be on our way now. Have a good evening!" May said, laughing awkwardly. The two set course for the center of the town which had a nice water fountain, and beautiful flowers. The sun was almost gone by the time they got their. They sat down on a wooden bench next to each other, their fight from earlier a distant memory. May's head somehow had ended up resting on his shoulder, and he didn't mind at all. The sky had darkened drastically, and stars began to paint the night.

"You know, it wouldn't be so bad," May said out of the blue.

"What?" Drew asked.

"Falling in love with you," she said timidly.

"Yeah, I don't mind," Drew chuckled. May gave him a quick angry glance.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Yeah, I don't suppose falling in love with you would be so bad either," he said, smiling down at her.

"Drew.." May said, trailing off. She tilted her head up to look at him. He didn't respond, but he swallowed a small knot in his throat. She was getting close.

"You wouldn't mind if I was?" She asked softly, her sapphire eyes holding a strong gaze with his emerald ones.

"No, would you?" He asked. Their eyes didn't break contact.

"No, I guess I wouldn't," Drew smiled softly down at her. She never noticed when he got to be so much taller than her, as he leaned down. Their eyes began to close right before their lips made contact. It was just a soft quick kiss, and Drew retreated a couple seconds in.

"Would it be greedy if I want you to do that again?" May asked shyly. Drew smiled again, and let out a small laugh before cupping her face with his hands.

"Yes, but I'm greedy too," he smirked, emerald eyes twinkling as he captured her lips much more forceful for another kiss. May squeaked in shock as he began to suck on her bottom lip slightly. They kept going until their lungs screamed at them for air.

"It wouldn't be too bad being my girlfriend would it?" Drew asked slyly.

"Are you trying to ask me out?" May giggled. Drew gave her a small smirk.

"It wouldn't be too bad," she smiled at him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

Yay! I like this one! I'm trying to be more descriptive, but it just feels so awkward describing the kisses. Oh well, ya live and ya learn! I also finished this about a quarter past 2 am so, I'm tired. Until next time! Bye guys!

YouDontKnowShipping