Sneeze

Side by side, May and Drew started their trek from the bustling city of Golden Rod, to the more serene Ecruteak. It was a mid spring evening, which meant it was the vertex of allergy season. For the poor grasshead, that caused him to be sneezing like crazy. As Drew groaned after another sneezing fit seized him, May giggled.

"Leave it you to relish in my misery," Drew scowled. He tilted his head away from her.

"No! It's not that!" May laughed.

"Then what's so funny," he grumbled. He folded his arms across his chest in a demanding manner.

"They say when someone thinks about you, you sneeze," May snickered as she readjusted her bandana.

"hmph, I guess cause I'm so popular," Drew flicked his hair cockily.

"I wonder how many of your fangirls are thinking about you right now, wishing for you to hold them in your arms, and take their breath away with a dashing kiss," May said dramatically, doing whimsical movements to match her tone.

"Wow.. Thanks for... that," He paused, a surprised look on his face. "None of that matters, it changes nothing. If you so happened to be one of those girls secretly pining after me, then things would be different,"

"As if!" May grinned.

"Your point?" Drew said smugly, leaning closer to her face. May's face grew slightly red.

"D-Don't be so arrogant!" May stuttered. Drew smirked before stepping back.

"Well anyways, it's getting to be pretty late, we're going to need to set up camp," Drew advised. The two stumbled through the thicket for a while until the forest opened into a small clearing.

"Here, help me set up the tent," Drew said as he rummaged through his bag. After the two set up the large tent, May set up their sleeping bags inside as Drew searched for something they could eat.

The opening to the tent was unzipped and Drew came through, both his and her bags in his hands. May zipped the tent back up as he threw something at her. Whatever it was bounced off her back and when she turned around, she scowled at him.

"A granola bar," he said blandly as he took a large bite of his own. May sat back down and picked up the abused granola bar he had thrown at her.

"When we get to Ecruteak City tomorrow, we need to stock up on more food. We only have enough for breakfast tomorrow," Drew told her.

"Aww, but we won't get there until late afternoon," May whined.

"I guess we'll eat late morning early afternoon," Drew suggested as he crumpled up the rapper. He lazily shoved into the side of his backpack. May decided to start eating when her stomach growled at her.

"Hey, can you eat that outside? I'm going to change," Drew asked.

"Yeah sure," May replied and stepped outside the tent and watched as the remnants of the sunset faded into the blue of night.

"You're turn," Drew said as he exited the tent in a t-shirt and basketball shorts. May nodded before going inside to change.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

May slowly opened her heavy eyes as light cut into the tent from the skylight on the top. As things came in to focus, she registered how close Drew's face was to her own. The gree headed boy was still dead asleep.

"Sheesh, and he makes fun of me for sleeping for forever," May pouted to herself. A small grunt came from Drew. May froze, thinking she woke him up, but he remained asleep. May couldn't help but think that the noise was... kinda cute. In this proximity, she started to notice just how attractive he actually was. Against her better judgement. But only when he was sleeping!

Suddenly, a violent sneeze came from him. His emerald eyes opened deliriously. He realized that May was staring right at him. May suddenly was taken over by a fit of giggles. He gave her a confused look.

"Sorry, I was thinking how cute you looked asleep," May apologized. She didn't expect what came next. Drew's face was completely taken over by a furious red tone. It spread to his ears and his neck. He sputtered embarrassingly. May lost it in a fit of laughter at his face.

"Oh God!" Drew muttered as his hands flung to his face to cover his bright blush. May was finally able to calm herself after a couple minutes of laughing at him.

"Good morning!" She said cheerfully.

"G-Good morning," he said quietly.

"Don't get so worked up!" May started laughing again.

"Ugh shut up, you're a horrible person," Drew growled as he unzipped the tent and went outside to avoid her.

"Someone's a grumpy pants today," May teased him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

I'm so sorry for not writing. I've had terrible writer's block and have been working on my aura guardian fic. I have 1 and 1/2 chapters done, but I want to get more before I start posting more kind of like what I did at the end of Defying Fate. Also, the next one-shot is going to be a sequel to this one-shot. Watch out for sweet revenge! This one-shot really didn't make any sense, I just wanted a Drew that acted all cool but when it came to May, he gets flustered. XD anyways, until next time!

YouDontKnowShipping