- d -

"Now when we get inside I don't want you guys going all over the place, okay? Stick with me. There are a lot of people here and-"

"Chill, Dad. We'll be fine. Stop freaking out," Teddy said laughing before he recognized a few kids he knew from school and pulled Harry and James along behind him.

"Yeah dad," James giggled. "Chill out."

Harry rolled his eyes and waved at the new children as they joined them and their parents. The kids all spoke to James as if he was in their group as well before the lights began to dim and the concert was set to begin.

"Sometimes," started a voice through the dark. "We're put in these places we shouldn't. Say things we shouldn't. Do things we shouldn't. But this song goes out to anyone who feels like they should!"

A bright light split the darkness and standing in the front of a now screaming crowd was Draco Malfoy just as Harry had remembered him. Sure there was a band behind him now, but as he performed all sites were on him. As similar as it was, it wasn't magic, but his stage presence that kept them enamored. The grace and elegance of a Malfoy born and bred.

"He's so different!" said one wizarding mother beside him.

"Not at all like how he used to be!" stated another.

"I'm glad he learned his lesson," replied the first again looking at Harry this time for approval.

"Yeah," he answered noncomitally. "Different..."

DL Black strut across the stage in the way he was always meant to do and in that moment Harry was certain Draco didn't need him to come in and muck up his royally famous life. After a while Harry found himself singing along to songs he had heard millions of times thanks to his boys and the rest of the pop-culture-muggle-spewing world.

He looked down to find James with the hugest grin on his face, singing along with Teddy and his friends. A tear slid down his cheek as he watched his son, because for once he would get to spend his birthday with both of his father's and it was more than he could handle. He took a few deep breaths to steady himself. In what seemed like an eternity later the lights flashed back with an almost astounding blindness.

Through a chant of "DL! DL! DL!" Harry felt a hand tugging at his clothes. He looked down to see Teddy looking longingly at the merchandise that was quickly being sold out.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he said sarcastically. "I'm only here to spend the galleons, huh?"

"No," said James with a shocked expression.

"You're also here to get us backstage," supplied Teddy with a teasing glimmer in his eye that Harry was sure the boy's mom would have been proud of.

"Oh yes," said Harry with an eye roll. "How could I have thought anything else?"

Teddy shrugged at him but dragged he and James along all the same.

"I'm still trying to figure that out," said the boy whose hair was rapidly flying through a rainbow of colors, matching his excitement.

When they arrived at the curtain to go backstage they were stopped abruptly.

"Sorry, man," said a tall buff man with long shaggy hair who Harry assumed was a bodyguard. "DL isn't letting kids back tonight. They can meet the band on stage, but he's pretty tired."

Harry nodded numbly and wondered if Draco somehow knew. If he had seen Harry out there and just knew why he was here. He looked down at his boys who were a bit down at not meeting their idol, but still excited to get to bang on the drums and strum the guitars with DL Black's actual band. When they headed on stage Teddy's friends joined them and the mothers stood watch while Harry went to speak to the leading blonde.