- x -

"You can't stay here, avoiding Harry forever, dear," Narcissa says pouring another cup of tea and handing it over to her son. She sighed heavily when he sifted four spoonfuls of sugar into the tiny cup before taking a sip. "You've been here for months."

"I'm not avoiding Potter," he said petulantly, spitting the name like an insult. Something he hadn't done in what seemed like forever. "I have years worth of experience avoiding Potter. I could avoid Potter in his own house and he would think I moved to the states."

"Then why are you staying with your mother?" she asked not unkindly, pushing back a lock of pale hair not too unlike her son's.

"I'm avoiding his partner," Draco responds scoffing and pouring another spoonful of sugar into his tea. "He was dating a muggle woman and she- uh- she got into a vehicular accident. She really loves him and it's clear that he cares for her too, so I stepped down. Made it easier for them, as it were. Avoiding her makes it less awkward. She broke up with him in the first place so he could have me, and he had me, so..." he shrugged once he had finished talking, but his eyes were transfixed with the liquid in his mug before he went in for another tentative sip.

"You love him?" she asked, though it was more of a statement than a question. Draco rolled his eyes and answered anyway.

"I'll always love him, mother. I mean, the only other person I've been with since I went to the states was Blaise. That was only because I was drunk and lonely and- we are better as friends and he's much happier being a bachelor."

"And what about James Lucius and Teddy?"

"Of course I love them!" He squeaked offended.

"Not enough to visit them when Harry is over at Andy's," she said with raised eyebrows at his offended tone. Her point was fair even if it wasn't true.

"I don't love them any less just because I don't go on certain afternoons. I know he'll be there and I don't want to create problems." He slowly placed his tea cup onto its saucer before returning it to the table and narrowing his eyes at her. "What are you getting at, Mother?"

"I just think you should talk to him. You're a grown man,you can't just throw a- a strop whenever you don't like something," she was looking up at Draco who had stood halfway through her statement to point a dramatic but accusatory finger at her.

"Oh my Salazar," he whispered aghast. "You've spoken to him!"

"He brought up a few good points." She was standing now making her way to him. "He said he doesn't know what was going on with you and you must have been upset about the fact that he stormed off for his muggle friend and were throwing a strop about it."

"For fucks- Mother! Stop saying I'm throwing a bloody strop! I would have thought you were him if I didn't know better."

"I'm just telling you what he said; and sad to say, dear, but it sounded like something you'd do. You do have about of a temper and a pretty muggle friend and like something that would set you off," Narcissa said before picking her tea up and walking from the room as if it was holding some sort of grudge against her Earl Grey. Draco stormed after her.

"And what makes you say that, may I ask?"

"You have quite the flair for the dramatic, my dragon." She tossed door to her study open before sitting at her desk and picking up her wand. "I assume you gather that from your father, Merlin rest his soul."