- q -

Harry didn't hear from Draco after that.

Days past and everyone adjusted.

The man was back on tour and tickets for his show were selling like hot cakes.

The dark haired man felt a twist in his gut that was all pain for all kinds of reasons. Sure he was proud of Draco. And if he was being honest with himself, he couldn't find a way to stay angry at him.

Sure the blonde left him (again), but he had told Harry that he wasn't ready this time. That he wanted to be there for the kids, but he wanted to keep making other people happy too. Harry couldn't fault him for that. He wasn't sure if he'd do the exact same thing, but he knows why Draco did.

Things were different this time. Val and Draco had left, but he had been here before. Tired and alone. He shook his head and stood up from the side of the bed. He didn't need them. He knew how to take care of his boys on his own.

He checked the time before deciding to go ahead and take a shower before fixing breakfast. The boys were at Andromeda's house like they usually were during the weeks when Harry had to work early. Things were falling back into the normal routine.

He had only been dating Valerie for a year. Not much had changed. It had been nice waking up to someone else in the bed. Learning new things about someone other than himself. Spending time getting to know each other...slowly.

He sighed again as he peeled off his clothes and tossed them into the bin. He walked into the bathroom and turned on the water before turning to stare at himself in the mirror while the room around him filled with steam. He poked at his own abdomen. He wasn't too toned, but there wasn't an ungodly amount of fat pooling around that region. He could still faintly see the stretch marks from carrying James.

That was eight years ago. Eight! And he could still remember every detail vividly as if he had just given birth the previous morning. He remembered how much press there had been. How many people stood outside of St. Mungos Pregnancy Ward with cameras and notepads full of blank of parchment and quick-quote-quills hoping to get a peek at one of the first male pregnancies of the decade.

After Harry of course, it had become quite a trend again. He insisted it wasn't a purposeful pregnancy, though that only served to make it worse once he started working at St. Mungos as a Pediatric Healer. It wasn't that he didn't like the fact that he gave people hope, he just didn't like how often they wanted to stop and talk about it.

"Oh, Healer Potter," he can still hear one father calling. "My husband and I have been trying to conceive and everyone kept turning us away because they thought the risks were too great, but after you did it- well- I just wanted to say thank you!"

Fine, it wasn't their fault that Draco had left him to go through the pregnancy alone, but they all seemed so happy about the process, because they had each other meanwhile Harry had-

He stepped into the shower mid-thought, the stream of hot water shooing the rest of it from his mind.

Work in an hour meant that the dark haired man was going to be rushing through a plate of eggs and maybe a slice of toast before flooing over to the hospital. Not to mention, it was Wednesday, which meant Teddy had soccer practice after school, which also meant the boys were coming home tonight. The shower became much less relaxing.

It wasn't long before he was stepping out again and hurrying through his breakfast.

From what he remembered of the weekend, walking into St. Mungos' Pediatric Ward was like walking into a concert hall during a performance. The waiting room was packed, there were pregnant women and men standing around the nurses station pointing and yelling and shoving and-