- f -

"Hey Jamesie! Could you come up here a minute?" Draco heard his exlover yell down the stairs.

"Dad!" the boy whined. "We talked about this."

"You're absolutely right, James Lucius," he said as they neared the door, "but there is someone I would like for you to meet properly."

As they stepped into the room, the boy looked up and rolled his eyes before turning back to his green eyed father.

"I already met, Mr. Black, dad. Remember, when he came to the door?" He tried to reach in his tiptoes to feel Harry's forehead as if enough years of hanging with his aunt Hermione meant he knew what all the tells of a sick man were.

"Yes, but that's just his stage name. Like for show." James nodded, but narrowed his eyes at the famous blonde. "His real name is Draco Lucius Malfoy."

"My middle name is Lucius too! Well my first one anyway. See, I have two in the middle," explained the boy excitedly.

"Yeah, Jamesie, we know."

"That's pretty cool Mr. Bla- I mean, Malfoy," the boy said calming down and nodding with a blush on his cheeks.

"Remember when we talked about you being born from me instead of a regular mum?" The boy nodded. "Well you want to know something even cooler?" asked Harry quietly, squatting so he was on his son's level, looking up at Draco more than usual.

"Wha-?" The boy asked looking between the two men excited yet again.

"Draco here, is your other dad."

The boy's eyes got incredibly wide before he attached himself to his newfound father. He looked up at him happy but skeptical.

"Is that true, sir?"

Draco nodded numbly before getting on his knees and wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. How could Harry think he didn't want this? A family with him. In this little house. In this little neighborhood. In this muggle town. Harry smiled at them both, one of his goofy, lopsided, wet smiles with tears in his eyes and one making its way down his cheek.

Draco remembered that face. It was the exact one Harry had made when he left.

"That's what you were trying to tell me," he whispered, but Harry heard him and nodded.

"It's fine. You deserve your job. I'm glad you were finally able to make it big."

Draco shook his head and pulled away from his son- their son- before kissing the boy's cheek and then smiling at him.

"JL," said the man with a wink. "Would you mind heading back down stairs so I can talk to your dad for a bit?"

"Yeah, sure dad!" James ran out of the room with a scream of: DL Black is my dad!

Both men were standing again. The blonde had his arms crossed and was staring holes into the side of a very embarrassed Harry.

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Draco, I tried. You were upset. Understandably so, we had been planning that trip for ages. Then I called and you wouldn't answer your wand..." He shook his head. "It's over now. He really wanted to come to your concert and Teddy wanted to get that shirt signed for him. It's no big deal. Nothing has to change."

"Harry, everything is different now! I have a kid. We have a kid
A living breathing kid and you weren't even going to tell me."

"He's eight, Draco. I thought it would be a little late to expect us to play happy family. We're fine. When the weekend is over he'll be back in school and you'll be back on tour. You can call if you want, but it's too late to think I'm going to just pick up our life here, because you don't like it." The messy haired man was still shorter, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to stand up to the pale blonde man.