- u -

Harry was looking at him like he was the reason the sun rose in the morning before sitting up quicker than he had initially thought was possible for the darker man.

"You put your tour on hold for a year," he said. It wasn't a question. It was a fact, spoken in awe and reverence.

"I did," said Draco as he blushed almost immediately before nodding, because that much even he knew to be true. He had called Serafina and argued for ages before she agreed to let him do it. He knew he needed to do something. Harry didn't believe in words, he believed in people and actions and Draco knew him well enough to know he had to show the messy haired man that he meant to be there for his family. This was how he was going to do it.

"Merlin's left tit," Harry stood up from the bed wearing only his pants covered in small fluttering snitches. "You put your tour on hold for a year! You shouldn't have done that. You didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to," he said shrugging. The darker man looked up at him with tears in his eyes.

"Y-you seriously did that for us?"

"Harry, you guys deserve the world, I just wish I would have been here sooner to give it to you..."

"I never asked you to do that," the ravenette said looking him directly in his eyes.

"You shouldn't have to."

At that the man sputtered, unable to think of an adequate response to his feelings. His mouth opened and closed a few times before Draco laughed and decided to go make them something to eat while Harry figured out how to use words again.

--:--

For the next few days it was odd having Draco in the house. Not a bad feeling, per say, just...different.

They slept together and ate breakfast together and when Harry took the boys to school, Draco would walk with them only slightly glamoured. While Harry was at work, the blonde would be home cleaning or cooking or handling business on the phone. And when Harry got home the pale man would smile and kiss him on the forehead because he had already went to get the boys from school and he was glad to see him.

Harry could admit that it was nice and it took a lot of the stress off and it was cute the way Draco tried to keep the boys calm by singing to them as he finished up paperwork in the home office. It was downright domestic.

And it made him livid.

Of course he loved the other man, practically always had, and there wasn't an active doubt that Draco loved him back. He loved the kids. What made Harry angry was the fact that it was so damn easy. He had lived without the famous git for almost nine years and the first week was one of the hardest of his life, that's including the time he spent searching for horcruxes, because even then at least he knew what he was up against. Alternatively the first week since Draco had come back was the easiest thing he had ever done and he didn't like that.

He hated how easy things were for that man. He hated how whatever he wanted to happen usually did. And he hated that this time he had let it. He knew it was uncalled for, but he couldn't help it. The anger was unfounded. There was no real reason for him to be upset, but when he walked into the house after work and saw Draco on the floor playing chess with the boys he growled then went straight to his bedroom, throwing the door shut behind him.

He heard someone's breath hitch and turned around just as James had started to cry. He opened the door only to see that he had mistakenly slammed his son's fingers in it. The boy looked up at him scared and his heart broke as he fell to his knees and grasped the heated hand, kissing the fingers softly. The boy was still in a leg cast for at least another day before the magic completely set his bones back and the ones on his ribs had only come off yesterday and already he was hurt again. And it was Harry's fault.

"Oh Merlin, Jamesie! I'm sorry. I am so so sorry."

Within seconds Teddy and Draco were rushing up the stairs and Harry was whispering healing spells softly over his son's hand.

"Are you mad at me, Dad," the small boy sniffled, looking up at him with those big hazel eyes and he couldn't stand it.

"No, of course not, Jamesie. Why would I be- what would make you think I was mad at you?"

"'C-cause Teddy and m-me got in a fight a-and you haven't come to p-pick us up from school or c-come with us to Gam's house..."

"Oh, James. I've just been busy and I thought you might want to spend some time with your Father, yeah?"

"I-I do, but I want us all to spend t-time together. That's what real families d-do, right?"

"Well, all families are different, James Lucius," Draco said somewhat softly from behind him, smoothing the still sniffling boy's hair down. He did that a lot, calling him by his full name as if it still surprised him that Harry would do anything for him and that was part of what finally broke the ravenette's resolve.

"So does that m-mean Dad doesn't want to spend time with us anymore?" James was pouting now in a way Harry hadn't seen for years and his resolve had already been too weak. He just couldn't take it. He lifted the eight year old onto his back in a way he would most certainly regret later.

"Let's go out. Right now," Harry said to the group. "It is officially Movie Night. Where do you guys want to eat first?"

The blonde narrowed his eyes at the darker man but shrugged.

"Can we go to a magic restaurant?" Teddy asked excitedly bouncing on the balls of his feet as he followed the rest of the family downstairs to grab shoes and coats from near the door. Harry looked to the famous blonde with raised eyebrows, but Draco simply shrugged again before responding calmly.

"I don't see why not." There was even a small peaceful smile on his face as he said it before running a hand through Teddy's rapidly changing hair. It made Harry angry all over again, but then Draco looked at him that way. With those molten silver eyes and that pearly white, yet unsure smile, like he never learned to do it quite right, and Harry melted.

"Yeah, sure. Wizarding restaurant it is." He didn't give himself a chance to think about all the questions he would have to answer later or the autographs Draco would have to sign. He just dove into that soft gaze that was screaming please-let-me-do-this and agreed.

-&-

i hadn't been updating
cause it was finals >.<
but nowwwww its winter hols

& its tuesday sooooo...
should update again on thursday
but ehh no promises

also only five more chapters left
how ya feeling about that?
comment & lemme know, will ya?
lol

hope yall enjoyed :)
love y'all

-- angel janeé xoxo 💋